Need Help to stay on top of things, pleeeeease

Options
I need a group or someone to be accountable to. I was working out every single day for a while. Then I hurt my knee and had to stop for a few weeks. Almost two weeks ago I got the okay from the doctor, but I haven’t started the same pattern yet. I really need to work out every day or I will end up with a lot of extra skin. It isn’t that I don’t have the time or a place to do it. I just keep making excuses. No pressure, but if there is anyone who can help let me know. I can be helpful as well. I am just getting scared that I haven’t picked the pace back up.

Alyson

123326.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• alywagner
    alywagner Posts: 25
    Options
    I need a group or someone to be accountable to. I was working out every single day for a while. Then I hurt my knee and had to stop for a few weeks. Almost two weeks ago I got the okay from the doctor, but I haven’t started the same pattern yet. I really need to work out every day or I will end up with a lot of extra skin. It isn’t that I don’t have the time or a place to do it. I just keep making excuses. No pressure, but if there is anyone who can help let me know. I can be helpful as well. I am just getting scared that I haven’t picked the pace back up.

Alyson

123326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Aly! So happy your knee is healing...if you're anything like me, any break of routine slows me down...I haven't been dancing like I used to since I moved...but it is wearing on me...soon I'll be at it full swing again.

There are a few different groups that post...I suggest you do a little research into the Community Fitness and Exercise area till you find a group you would like to join.

Additionally, I've found that bellydance is really good for tightening up the skin...good luck with the exercise routine of your choice...don't beat yourself up for laying off for a bit...get happy and get going with it instead!

Your Pal,
    Sharon
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Alyson... Welcome to the club! I'd be happy to hold your feet to the fire, so to speak.... lol. Also, you're welcome to post on my thread that begins "Time to Tackle the "X". We're a good group of folks and daily posters, most of whom (but not all) are going through the P90X program, but anyone is welcome to come in. If it works for you, stop on in.

In either case, glad to hear you're on the mend and, more importantly, getting yourself in position to get busy workout out again. Get back up on that horse girl... You can do it!
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Alyson... So, when are you planning on starting your new fitness regimen? What are you gonna be doing? We're waiting to hold you accountable lady... lol.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Aly- I'm on P90X with Tony. Get off your butt, girl!!!! We'll stalk you if necessary!!!!:angry::laugh:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just get up and do something. Walking is even better than nothing. If you go to a gym start trying some new classes it is harder to give up with people all around you. Or start walking and running walk for a few minutes than jog alittle and walk again it brings your heart rate up and down and burns lots of calories gotta love that. You ever have any questions I can hopefully help. I am an aerobics and ice skating instructor. I also was over 200 lbs 5 years ago after I had my son and have not looked back since then only forward!! :happy: Get up girl summer is coming!:)

Alisha