Hi -

Options
I just turned 51 and I have been fighting 50 pounds for about 10 years. I need some ideas and support as to how i can finally battle this weight once and for all. I am hoping that I will be inspired by many of you. I can't seem to exercise enough and don't make good eating choices. I look forward to the friendship and support.

Replies

• skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is, IMHO, the best lifestyle change. I've been doing this for 2 months and have dropped nearly 26 lbs and 17 inches. How? More output, less input. I'm not only making better food choices, but when I seem them on my diary, I see exactly what those choices are worth. Some of the calories will scare you!

Feel free to add me....I'm in this for the long haul.
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Hon do the best you can and start out slow. Exercise is important to weightloss so find something you enjoy doing. I will be happy to join your friendclub on MFP I need all the support that I can get as well. By the way my name is Kristal

9160786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    Options
    welcome i wish you the best of luck i just started 10 weeks ago and having friends for support really helps add me if you wish:smile:
  • juliemav
    Options
    I would love to add some of you as well if that is ok? I just started on here yesterday. I am determined to start making better choices and get fit. I just started a 6 month process of looking at and preparing gastric bypass. I would love to avoid bypass so I am getting serious and have heard great things about this site. I am loving it so far!! I love how you can see exactly what you still need in way of protein, carbs, etc. Or rather what I have already eaten too much of in the case of yesterday. :)
  • 25Gigi
    25Gigi Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi - Thanks. What is IMHO? Sorry, I am a newbie.
  • juliemav
    Options
    IMHO = in my humble opinion
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    welcome...we're all here to support one another...great group of people on this site for inspiration and encouragement...feel free to add me...:flowerforyou:
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's good that your daughter's wedding is coming up, so now you have the opportunity to set fitness goals for yourself and a year to reach them! And that's how it starts. It's all about the MFP math - calories in and calories burned. My only advice is to log everything, even on the bad days, and find a way to get out and get active at least 3-4 times a week. And be patient - it's healthy, and it works, but not super fast! Add me if you want support. :smile: