I need moral support! surrounded by chocolate!

Options
Stuck at a job fair booth surrounded by cookies, tootsie rolls, and brownies. I've made it 2 hours and I'm drinking h2o, but I have an hour to go...I may not make it! Suggestions?! Help!

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Chew some gum, preferably a mint flavor, and you won't want the other stuff as much. Hope this helps!
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    Eat the cookies first!!!:explode:
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't do it or you'll be double timing it in the gym tonight! If you are hungry try and find a healthy snack. Only one more hour to go and you are outta there! =D
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is made with kitten eyeballs and smashed butterfly wings. See...... its too tragic to eat any of it now!

Horrible I know!!! I have to tell myself stuff like that sometimes though. Or I'll take a tootsie roll and shamelessly put it under my desk and step on it then peel it off the bottom of my shoe. If I'm desperate enough to eat it, then something must be done.

Dont give in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    take a deep breathe and remind yourself why you began this journey. none of these snacks are worth it. Stay strong!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    just have one of something and keep it moving.
  • briannaghall
    Options
    Chew some gum, preferably a mint flavor, and you won't want the other stuff as much. Hope this helps!

Definetly a good idea! Ask a friend to hold your money so you can't buy anything. That's what I do when I go out, that way I don't splurge on sweets.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Question I ask is will you fight this the rest of your life? If so, then BUCK UP and take a short walk. If not, then have ONE and count it in your daily calories. 1 full Tootsie roll is 140 calories.
  • yahsbride
    Options
    Have 1 or 2 midget tootsie rolls if you have 3 they are 70 calories, that is what I had today and just took a 13 min brisk walk. I allow only small portions to satisfy the craving. Good luck!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    log on and plug the chocolate (without eating it) into your food journal - then take a LONG look at the calories, and think about how many extra minutes on the _______ (insert cardio machine here) it would cost you... :bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is made with kitten eyeballs and smashed butterfly wings. See...... its too tragic to eat any of it now!
    Funny
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Question I ask is will you fight this the rest of your life? If so, then BUCK UP and take a short walk. If not, then have ONE and count it in your daily calories. 1 full Tootsie roll is 140 calories.

Hahaha! I would tell myself that those things are moldy and maggoty. Try the visualization, it works!

If it doesn't work for you than pick the lesser of the evils and go for a Tootsie Roll.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sugar is poison! Bad carbs = poison. Chew gum. It's NOT worth the back sliding. Stay focused. Stay strong.
  • Shai_gars
    Options
    i'm not a big fan of chocolate anyway, but i did go through a phase of big chocolate eating and a spoonfull of honey sets you straight! its nice and sweet and its mmmnn gooey
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just for one day? I would kill the brownies first. I can let cookies and other stuff go. LOL
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OMG poor you. Think of you're reward now for making it thru this nightmare. For me, it would be Taco Bell for lunch! (tostada + bean burrito).
  • effiek
    effiek Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The gum is kinda helping-good advice! So is the humor!! You guys are too, too funny!! 20 minutes to go...and I'm stuck at the table! Oye!

Thanks guys!! I'm gonna keep trying not to think about it...and hopefully not wind up with a huge slab of something delicious later lol
  • staci2476
    staci2476 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everytime someone picks something up, tell them how many calories are in it and how many minutes they are going to have to spend at the gym to burn it off.

I do it to my husband all of the time. I figure, if I can't enjoy it, he shouldn't either. :wink: