new york

Options
does anybody here live in new york, new york? if so , whats it like there???? i really wanna go!:smile:

Replies

• hayleydance7
    Options
    does anybody here live in new york, new york? if so , whats it like there???? i really wanna go!:smile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I lived in NYC for 6 years- 2 years on the upper East Side and 4 years in Brooklyn- Park Slope. I loved it!!! I now live in the Philly suburbs but miss NYC very much!!! So much to do and see. Awesome city to WALK! Each neighborhood has its own character. And the FOOD- so many choices!:happy: Early summer is a great time to visit- not too hot. Have fun!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I live in Brooklyn, NY which is a short train or car ride away from the actual city (Manhattan). The "city" that never sleeps :bigsmile: . It's a very fast pace atmosphere that would take some time to get use to if you are from other states that are more laid back. We have many tourists that come from all over the world to visit 42nd Street, Statue of Liberty, and all other spots. It is though pricey! Many diffirent cultures and things to do that's for sure. The night clubs don't close at 2am like the one's in Florida do (I lived there for 2 years) they are open till the wee hours 6am sometimes longer. The food choices are amazing like aprilvet stated above. There are so many people here that you have so many personalities and attitudes... :laugh: but you get use to it. Shopping is also a great thing many, many name brand stores to shop and or look in. You can always find a deal if you know how to talk... Everyone is always hussling.. hehe The trains aren't the greastest place but they get you from point a to point b. Buses are ok also. Hope this info helps..
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I live in Northern NJ
    I was born/raised about 15minutes outside the city and now I live about 30minutes outside the city
    For me personally it's a great place to visit but not somewhere I would want to live....unless I was mega-loaded :)

Kim