Send me some motivation

Options
OK, my coworker has been eating a huge lasagna next to me and now I am dying for a huge Cappucino Blast with tons of ice cream.

Only on day two of my diet and I am already having a weak moment.

Talk me out of it please!

LOL

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    "If it was easy to lose weight, everyone could do it"... words i live by in a time of weakness!!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just remember why you started this....you can do it! You don't need that...you have bigger goals in mind :flowerforyou:
  • KristinC4
    Options
    "Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hungt
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    If you're near a computer go on facebook and look t skinny pics of yourself I find that helps re-focus me when having a weak moment. Also don't be too strict otherwise it won't be a life-long change only a tempory one :)
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and tell yourself that you are "better" than that lasagne or coffee drink. Take a moment to thank your body for giving you the courage to stay away from the foods that do not serve you.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the lasagna.....and no one gets hurt....you don't need no stinking cappucino.....you can do this! :-)
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Go to your foods section and add in the Cappuccino Blast and Ice Cream. Once you see how many calories are in that and how long it'll take you to work it back off, hopefully you'll realize it's not worth it. Drink some water and chew some gum. That sometimes helps me with my cravings.
  • kellybug123
    Options
    Try looking at all the "Success Stories" on the threads here on MFP. Those always help me remember what I'm working towards. :) You Can Do it!!!
  • jadehound
    Options
    Sounds like you should be impressed that your body is responding to the changes you are making! Classic sugar craving! You are making changes and on the right track! Keep it up!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Remember why you wanted to start this. It isn't an easy journey but every decision counts. You got this, don't gain the weight back you lost on something that will make you feel sick when you are done. The first weeks are the hardest but you will get there. You are already on the right track!
  • pegesam
    pegesam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    create a visual --
    How much weight do you want to lose? How many 5 pound chubs of ground meat in the market is that? Do you want that on your gut, you butt, your chest, your back, the chicken wings (triceps), your neck jowls?
    3500 calories is one pound. So how many calories will fix your need? And how will that look on you?
    I have to tell my self this is like math-- its not a spectator sport....
  • deepbluesea
    Options
    If you're near a computer go on facebook and look t skinny pics of yourself I find that helps re-focus me when having a weak moment. Also don't be too strict otherwise it won't be a life-long change only a tempory one :)

I love this- I do the same thing!! i look at photos of myself from last summer in my bikini :/ i wouldnt dare put it on now!! but it does get me motivated thats for sure!
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    Go to your foods section and add in the Cappuccino Blast and Ice Cream. Once you see how many calories are in that and how long it'll take you to work it back off, hopefully you'll realize it's not worth it. Drink some water and chew some gum. That sometimes helps me with my cravings.

great idea! Will use this :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Think about the guy from Silence of the Lambs who turned chicks into skin suits.
  • StrangeFascination
    Options
    Thanks all for coming to my rescue.

The calories and fat in those things are kinda scary now that I am looking at them online and I am surrounded by people who would tell me to go ahead and enjoy and diet later.

The trouble is, later never comes.

I have a huge weakness for frozen coffee drinks with whip cream and ice cream. It's a severe addiction which has brought me here. ROFL

Thanks again.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    so...italian food makes you crave coffee and ice cream. Interesting.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    so...italian food makes you crave coffee and ice cream. Interesting.

great, now I'm craving all three......
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Every time you have a moment of weakness. Go to the bathroom, stand in front of the mirror, lift up your shirt, jump up and down 10 times. Then think about what your coffee, whipped cream and ice cream will do for that!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Think about the guy from Silence of the Lambs who turned chicks into skin suits.

thank you...I will definetely keep this image in my head the next time Nutella gets the better of me...PUT THE LOTION ON THE SKIN!!!
  • StrangeFascination
    Options
    Every time you have a moment of weakness. Go to the bathroom, stand in front of the mirror, lift up your shirt, jump up and down 10 times. Then think about what your coffee, whipped cream and ice cream will do for that!

Oh wow, well that would stop a craving in it's tracks. :)