Joined about a month ago and lost 21 pounds

Options
Hello out there,
I joined this about a month ago after trying in vain to lose weight for twice that long. Since then I have lost 21 pounds(340-319 YAY!). I've joined a gym close to my house and started walking while the kids are at school during my off days. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep motivated and stay on track? I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Woweeee! I would think your weight loss would be a fantastic motivation for you x
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a terrific job and getting moving.
    Not everyone is a joiner but some people like to go to COMMUNITY and then to SEARCH and look for a Challenge that interests you. Most join the challenges to help stay motivated and get encouragement along the way.
    Whether you join a group or a challenge or just keep doing it on your own - log that food intake and water intake.
    Keep pushing forward - you are doing great!
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is super awesome ! Keep up the good work. I've been a member here for 2 months and have lost 15 lbs and I was excited. lol 21 lbs in a month I might burst.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing that you lost that much so quick? I'd really like to know! And great job!! :)
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I removed regular pop from my diet(still drink 1 diet mtn dew or coke zero a day max), Drinking a TON more water, keeping to around 1200-1500 cals per day and walking on the tread mill. I also eliminated all fast food from my diet. That last one was a biggie for me. I used to eat mcdonalds and that crap everyday for almost every meal compounded by the large cokes and regular mtn dews. I figured my calories intake was probably in the 5000-6000 range so this was a no brainer.
    Thanks for the help
    Doug
  • skinnylcs
    skinnylcs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You've got to be so proud of yourself. I understand the motivation part - I don't know one person that doesn't struggle. The best advise I can give is to look at where you are vs. a month ago - and wow, great job losing 21lbs. Some advise I got a while back - when you go to the grocery store next, try to carry what you've lost in food (be it a few sacks of potatoes or gallons of milk.....it's an eye opener). Most importantly, don't give up on what you've accomplished & make sure you surround yourself w/positivity (even on days you don't want to).