New guy

Options
A friend of mine introduced me to this site. I've been wanting to lose at least 20lbs for a while, but never really committed to it. So myself and some friends are doing Insanity, and I figured I'd keep track of my food intake on this site.

About me, I'm 34, live in the Denver area, 6'2" and 235lbs at the moment. I have a job as a drafter and project coordinator for a civil engineering company. I have a side business as a photographer. Lots of race photos, and shoot a couple weddings here and there, but my main focus is the race photos. I used to play basketball at least 2 times a week, and I'd like to be able to do that again, without dying during the first game. Ha! I think that's about it. Looking forward to learning some things on this site, and seeing what I can do with my weight loss.

-Chadwick

Replies

• jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I have found a lot of support here and the tools are great for losing weight, take full advantage.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I have found a lot of support here and the tools are great for losing weight, take full advantage.
  • mandiberry
    Options
    Welcome!! Add me if you want. :D
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who I call Chadwick. I love that name.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    welcome Chad!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Chadwick. Welcome to the site. I am a former basketball player too. Add me as a friend if you like. If you are up for a challenge, I am part of a team that is doing a challenge for October. We have one spot open.
  • LuvnSnownSun
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I was gradually losing weight myself and have found this site to be very informative as well as help me stay committed to at the very least, paying attention to what I'm doing. I have a miserable time committing as you mentioned, this has totally helped that. It took me a year to lose 40lbs on my own, a little more than a month that I've been doing this I've lost another 15. Stick with it! :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    welcome! this site is a great tool and everyone is super supportive. you can add me as a friend if you want to.
  • WickyR1
    WickyR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Chadwick is my last name, my first name is John, and there were too many Johns in our group growing up, so people started calling me by my last name, and it stuck. Most of my friends just call me Wicky though.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thats cute having your last name being your "call-sign" so to speak.

Welcome to the site; there's a great community here!