Moving to Colorado!

Options
Hello,
I tried encouraging some of my friends to join this website with me for support. So far, I had two friends join, but they do not log on anymore! I am now moving out of Ohio, to Colorado, and am on the hunt for some friends who actually use this site. If you would like to add me as a friend, please send me a message when you send me a friend request so I can learn something about you. I want to get fit so I will feel confident making new friends and interviewing. I want a fresh, positive new start when I move. I really would like some support because it really help to stick with the daily entries and complete my goal!
Thank you,
Kara

Replies

• Uhlissuh
    Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara!

I'm Alyssa! I actually live in Colorado and can definitely be here to support you! I tried to get people I knew to use it also but none of them really do anymore. I'm thankful for the people I've met on this site though. It's funny how sometimes complete strangers can be more supportive and push you farther than your own friends do. I understand my friends have other stuff going on in their life and I don't blame them. It's just nice to have people there to help you along the way! :)

We're friends on here now so you'll be seeing me pop up a lot more on your updates! :)
  • WickyR1
    WickyR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the party, but if you need some encouragement out here, look no further than the mountains! There is plenty to do here outdoors, and I'm hope to start to take advantage of that again. I've been way too lazy lately, and it's time to change! Personally I'm doing Insanity, to try and lose the excess poundage. My girlfriend is doing the 10 minute Trainer, because of her heart problems, she can't keep up with Insanity. If you need encouragement, just let me know, I'll be on here everyday, logging my food intake and exercises.

-Chadwick
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    One thing's for sure. .......................you're still going to shovel snow.
  • WickyR1
    WickyR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One thing's for sure. .......................you're still going to shovel snow.
    Not if you live in an apartment! They do that **** for you! :D

BTW, love the screen name, been a life long 9ers fan myself.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I welcome you to Colorado! Feel free to add me - I'm mildly active, love a good beer, and try to get fit myself.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I lived in Colorado for nearly 10 years and love it there, but now live in Georgia!!

as for MFP, this is a great place too! Good luck with your move!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our great state! :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Where in Colorado are you moving? There's a few of us on here...we're an active bunch! Oh, and we don't get *that* much snow!!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Where in Colorado are you moving? There's a few of us on here...we're an active bunch! Oh, and we don't get *that* much snow!!

Lmbo! Its only *kitten* deep to a giraffe!

Hi! You can add me if you like.im a long ways from Colorado... but im on here atleast once a day.have a safe trip & best wishes in your new home!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just moved myself! Literally, just arrived in CO yesterday, ha ha. I would love the same support from some locals. And, as a fellow Midwesterner, I've got your back. :-)
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've lived here all my life!!
  • karastar
    karastar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very true. Having encouraging people helps me stick to it. Thank you!!!
  • karastar
    Options
    Thanks for the input and support. Living a more healthy and active lifestyle (along with better weather and better career opportunities) is one of the reasons I have chosen to move to Colorado. I do a lot of hiking now and use the elliptical for fitness. Keep up the good work with the insanity training!
  • karastar
    Options
    Niner: shoveling snow and sled riding are my favorite winter activities. I can't wait to add snow skiing to that list!
  • brilessmith
    brilessmith Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kara, I am new to the site, but so far I LOVE IT!! I am a Colorado Native and would love to encourage you. Colorado is actually a pretty healthy state, according to surveys. You will love Colorado. As for the snow, it depends on where in the state you live. I am in Gunnison and we have 40 degrees below zero but usually not that much snow. My grandparents live in Arvada and aside from the Blizzards of 2003 and 1984 the snow is manageable. Just make sure you have a four wheel drive and you will be fine. Most people here like snow and look forward to a good dump every now and again. Please add me as a friend and we can encourage each other.
  • karastar
    Options

I will be starting out in Fort Collins. I have heard from others that the snow is similar to ohio but melts faster. What do you like to do to stay active? Thanks for the support!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I live south of Denver in Highlands Ranch, and there's great walking/biking trails all around me, so I like to do that. We've just started some easy hiking with the kids (they're 5 and almost-3.) I'm into yoga, play volleyball, and when I'm not injured, I play some soccer. Basically, whatever we can do to be outside.

You'll be amazed at how many days in the winter that are "warm" enough to run/bike outside (as long as you dress for the weather.) Welcome!!