Flying by the seat of our skinny little pants (closed group)

Hello Ladies! I am so excited to meet you all and to captain you for this challenge :) First let me tell you a little about myself
My name is Jeanette and I am a dance teacher and Zumba instructor. I have two beautiful daughters who are grown (18 and 20) but who still live at home, and a wonderful husband who has supported me through my wild schemes and taken care of me through serious illness. I am returning to school this month after 22 years off!! I am very excited because I LOVE to learn! I am working to eventually become a Physical Therapist.
Now it is your turn! I have looked at each of your profiles, so please share some information with me about yourselves that I wouldn't be able to find there. Also I would love to hear some of your goals you are working on right now.

Below I have pasted a copy of the original forum post from Lee. We officially begin on Ocotber 1st...not to far away :)

I look forward to hearing from you

HERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!

the next game I am running !

after so many people enjoyed the Row the world game i have created a new one.

We are going to fly the world !

In order to get in on the this game you need a team of 8 people and one such person will act as the captain, who it would be handy if the Friend request me so get game updates

The team element went down really well but feedback was that 15 was hard to manage so i hope 8 is better.

The team captains are responsible to gather their teams miles and PM to me as often as they can for me to up date.

I have learnt a lesson from the last one and have changed the calculations to this

1 cal burnt = 0.25 miles

That way on average people that burn 500 cals per day will complete in 30 days in the team of 8 of course

if you want to get in on this, send me a list of your team, who the captain is and a team name. If you have an icon that you want to use please send that too !

THIS STARTS ON THE 1st of OCT !!!!!!

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Ooops!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    I'm Leah! I'm 23 and engaged to my best friend ever! We have a 5.5 year old daughter and a 10 month old boy! We are planning on getting married next October. I refuse to go look for a wedding dress while I'm this big. I want to feel like a pretty bride on my wedding day! I'm currently going to school for nursing. I also did Row The World and kind of got unmotivated at the end. I am determined to finish this challenge off strong! I look forward to rocking this challenge with all of you!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Oops sorry, I'm not on this team. I thought it was referring to another team Zumbaq is trying to set up. I saw Lee's message which looked the same as the message she posted for the other team, and thought it was regarding me. Anyways, Good luck you all!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Hello. My name is Teresa. I'm 38 (for a few more weeks anyway), and live in Texas. I've been working at getting healthier and losing weight for just over two years now. I still have about 20 pounds to reach my current goal. I've never been quite that light in my adult life, so not sure if it's my final goal or not; will have to wait and see when I get there.

I'm definitely looking forward to this challenge to help motivate me to keep going everyday. The Row the World challenge was a great opportunity to meet some wonderful people, and I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all better and encourage you along your journey to better health and fitness.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Sorry guys I'm bumping this to return to in the morning as I have a friend over currently.
  • Hi there, as my profile name states I am Denyse a 34 year old from Montreal, Quebec , Canada and I was part of the row the world challenge with Babydull , tree and Verojuly just to name a few. I am looking forward to getting back on track after a few bumps and hurdles over the passed few months. I have lost 15 pounds so far and still need to lose another 60 to reach my ultimate goal weight. I am aware that this will take quite a while but I love MFP and since I have been on it I have always lost and not gainned. I lose weight at a snails pace but I do lose so Fly the world watch out cause here I come ! Oh yeah you wanted to know a little something about me well.... I am fanatical about my 2 boxers ( dogs ) they are my world and whenever I am down just the thought of them make me smile :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Hi everyone,

I am Sue and live in Southern California. My profile has some info but basically I just needed to get back into fighting shape and this site has been more helpful than I imagined it could be.

In mid-May of this year I weighed 183 pounds. I got to 175 on my own and then found MFP. I set a goal of 170 and it took me a bit to reach it. Then I started tweaking my food numbers and recently found the right combo of calories/fat/protein/carbs and it has made a radical difference. I logged my weight a few days ago at 163. This morning it was 161.5 but I'm not logging that unless it still stands early next week! :)

Looking forward I want to try to get into the best physical shape that I can and build lots of lean muscle.

Let's have fun flying around the world!
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Hi Everyone, I was with BabyDull, D and Vero on the Row the World, so this should be fun,

I live in Central Florida, have two dogs, Hunter a golden retriever and Wally West aka Flash Gordon-you should see Wally run!

I'm a vegeterian, addicated to Game of Thrones, True Blood and of course the Biggest Loser.

My goal is to loose 8-10 lbs a month -ambitious- but will shoot for that. I have a son in College, and a husband who fishes all the time well at least when he is not working. Earlier this year I had a medical problem that didn't allow me to exercise.

Zumba Queens on our team, I have the tapes, and the toning sticks...need to figure out how to work the dvd...I'll join you in having fun with Zumba!

If you are not currently a friend, contact me- I will promise to be a great and supportive friend on your journey.

By the way what are we flying in? Air Balloon, Concorde? Hugs to everyone, Linn
  • babydull
    I'm Sarah, 25, and a PhD film student from London.
    I was captain on the previous Row the World challenge, after I replaced the initial captain who could no longer continue with the challenge.
    I joined MFP to lose weight primarily, but also to get fit and healthy.
    The next few months will be very busy for me as I'm starting teaching at two different universities, so I'm hoping this challenge will help keep me focused.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    So good to hear from you ladies! I've been looking through your diaries and I think we have a good shot of cleaning house!! You guys ROCK :).
    I would love to have our own little icon to use, but I must admit I do not know how to go about it. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    Also I just want to remind you that we are going by exercise calories, so if you don't log your exercise, we don't get as far. If we each log an average of 500 exercise calories a day, we will be done in a month!!!
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Hi there I'm Vero, I'm a clinical lab technician and I lost over 20 lbs this summer while doing row the world challenge. I have about another 10 pounds to loose and I'm very excited to get started on this challenge. I took 3 fitness classes this fall to help me keep on track! I'm very happy to do this challenge.
    You can all count on me to do my best. I do have medical issues but I will always give you my 110%. I'm very happy to know you all♥
  • babydull
    I would love to have our own little icon to use, but I must admit I do not know how to go about it. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I have designed this one:
    Untitled2.jpg
    It is probably too large at that size to go in a sig but I can make it smaller. Let me know if you like it, or if I should try something else.
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    I like it Sarah! I vote YAY♥
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    I like it, and vote "yay" too :) Thanks!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    That icon is awesome!! I love it! :love:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Wow, gorgeous team logo! Thanks so much.
  • babydull
    Great, thanks guys. If anyone wants advice/help on putting it in your sig let me know.
  • i need help putting it up on my sig :)