food and gas

Options
We all has it, none of us wants it. The healthier I eat, it seems that the stinkier my house it. This week the culprits are beans and broccoli. 2 nights ago the hubs said that he thought it was the dogs, but he took them out and came back in the bedroom and the smell lingered so he figured out I had been sleep farting. For lunch he has some of the black bean soup and sent me a message letting me know that I’m not the only one that’s going to be stinking up the house tonight.
So . . . have you come up with any solutions (aside from the impossible advice of giving up the offending foods)?

Replies

• mapinkerton
    Options
    Charcoal tablets - you should be able to get them at the health food store. That is what the doctor recommended to a friend. There is also something over the counter called Beano, but I have never used it.
  • VixenGddss5
    Options
    beano?
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I know savory (the herb) helps f you cook beans with it.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Let your body adjust to the new foods, it is a natural process can't do much to stop it.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I take papaya enzymes daily and have for months now and after about a month of taking it, the smelly gas from eating tons of fresh fruit and veg was SO much less.
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Beano. I tried it for the first time before eating slaw (cabbage) and didn't have a blip on the radar afterward. I call that a successful trial run. :-)
    Good luck!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    open the windows? :wink:

i have the same problem but i noticed it's "just air" when i eat fruits and veggies. the only time i have a problem with the smell is if i eat meat or something that's heavily processed. i haven't tried beano but have been considering it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Let your body adjust to the new foods, it is a natural process can't do much to stop it.

I've been adjusting for better than 6 months now, LOL! I think I'll try some Beano

Completly forgot about Beano! Take Beano and there will Be-no-more gas!
  • VixenGddss5
    Options
    found this too if you are into homeopathy http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2234009.html