Hydroxycut??? Ultra 90???

Options
I was thinking about taking hydroxycut again. I took them years ago and got fairly good results. My wife and I were talking about it and she says no way they are bad and i am doing things the right way now not to use diet pills but she is talking about ultra 90. Which of these if any should we use? Or should we each try our own?

Replies

• William77
    William77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about taking hydroxycut again. I took them years ago and got fairly good results. My wife and I were talking about it and she says no way they are bad and i am doing things the right way now not to use diet pills but she is talking about ultra 90. Which of these if any should we use? Or should we each try our own?
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i think i would try to do it without wasting all that money i am one of those that have tried about any diet pill u may get results for awhile but will it stick ? set ur mind to it and i kow u guys can do it with out the commercial diet:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: s!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    did diet pills before

its not worth putting all those chemicals into your body, in the end, your body will not thank you for it

you CAN and WILL do it the healthy way, just stick with it

:flowerforyou:
  • zbkai189
    zbkai189 Posts: 2
    Options
    Natural, whole foods are the way to go... definitely.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Diet pills are essentially just caffeine pills. They can cause heart and neurological problems and are definitely not worth the risk to your body, never mind the cash you spend on them.
  • knlamb10
    knlamb10 Posts: 33
    Options
    I also liked taking the hydroxy cut... but here i am 7 years later trying to lose weight again... only this time as a lifestyle... not just a boost for energy or quick results. I would take the long term results over anything. give it time.. if you learn the right foods and work out... you will get the same results! Good luck!:glasses:
  • QueenVictoria68
    QueenVictoria68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i took hydroxcut and lost 55 lbs in 3 months. it will be a year in may since i started losing and still havent gained anything back i still watch what i eat and exercise 5 days a week. for 30 mins up to 2 hours a day . i went from 170 lbs to 115 lbs. from size 18 in pants to size 4
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    What sort of reactions did you get with the Hydroxycut? Did you have an negative ones?
  • maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    This is a post I had started a while back which was somewhat along these lines. Maybe it can help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/29474-supplements
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you say you used them in the past and they worked? but they didn't, not really, if they had you wouldn't be back here now. Do it the good old fashioned way. protect your health AND your wallet:flowerforyou:
  • girth
    girth Posts: 5
    Options
    Lose it fast... Gain it back faster...
  • slieber
    Options
    This is a post I had started a while back which was somewhat along these lines. Maybe it can help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/29474-supplements

Thanks - this does help. I'm considering it for those last few pounds. As it is, I take a "fat fighter" shake just before I work out, which contains L-Carnitine, which is supposed to be a metabolism booster, as well.
  • QueenVictoria68
    QueenVictoria68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    no didnt get any negative ones it gave me energy where i wanted to get up and exercise and helped keep me from eating it controled my hunger
  • slieber
    Options
    Thanks. I actually bought some which were $10 off with coupon from Walgreens. I'm going to hold onto them for a bit before using them to see what happens over the next few weeks. If I don't drop a pound a week - or thereabouts - without them, say, through April, then I'll resort to using the Hydroxycut tabs and see how that goes. I have a 5 week summer intensive - 2 hours of ballet a day for 5 weeks, plus gym - that will come into play in June, as well.
  • LIZZIE218
    LIZZIE218 Posts: 11
    Options
    They sound very tempting but yeah I'm doing this the natural RIGHT way ( well, I hope lol) :tongue: i started to exercise and cut off some calories in other words i eat more vegetables and drinks lots of water so far it has been a strugle but i'm actually liking the challenge :wink:
  • susanbk53
    susanbk53 Posts: 13
    Options
    Save your money. Do it the old fashioned way, fewer calories in, more calories out, even though it takes time and effort. The results will be better for your wallet AND your health.
  • slieber
    Options
    Well, after the last two weeks of what appears to me to be unbridled eating, I'm going to go ahead and try the hydroxycut for a while to see what happens. I only have about 10 or so pounds to lose, and/or another dress size. I want it down as soon as possible, even though I have till June.

Then all I need to do is deal with maintenance calories.
  • slieber
    Options
    I tried it this week - felt HUNGRIER than without it. Didn't notice any significant change in metabolism, either. And now I have a stinking cold (may or may not be related, but I haven't had a cold in about 2 years, so it's quite suspicious).

I think I'll just go back to normal, rather than continuing with the Hydroxycut.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    No.

ditto