Too early to

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
LIsten to Christmas music!? When do you usually start listening to Christmas music? I'm a xmas music fanatic, love it! I usually will start sneaking a few songs onto my ipod by October already!

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I got married on 21st June and had Fairytale of New York playing during the ceremony. It's never the wrong time of year for a good tune!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    the first time I see snow!!!!
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    All year round. I love xmas music! lol
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Mid-November, when my decorations go up!
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person..
    My sister in law could listen to Christmas music year round if my brother allowed it.
    For me, don't start until the day after Thanksgiving... get through one holiday at a time. Forget shopping on Black Friday, I get my tree up and decorated while listening to Christmas music and watch The Muppet Christmas Carol.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    After Thanksgiving is over!
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Last year, Mariah Carey's new Christmas album came out in like early november, but the single "Oh Santa!" was out a couple weeks before Halloween. Now I love Christmas and love Mariah Carey even more, so once the single dropped, I pulled out all my Christmas music and played it all through October, November and December. I drove everyone crazy and the kids didn't understand why we were listening to Christmas music on Halloween. Lol.

This year, I promised everyone I would wait until after Thanksgiving. But last night, I secretly played my Christmas playlist. Shhh, don't tell anyone lol. I said I'd wait til Thanksgiving, but if I can make it to halloween, than that's an improvement. Lol.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I think there should be a federal law prohibiting any mention of Christmas until my birthday on December 1st. My birthday should always be considered the gateway to the holiday season! The longer the season is dragged out the less special it is!
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I start on December 24th and stop on the 26th =p

Seriously though, the radio stations here start it so early I usually get very tired of it by the time Christmas gets here
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The Friday after Thanksgiving...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I have a deal with my husband.

I do not listen to christmas music before Thanksgiving (US). I do not listen to christmas music after New Year's Day.
    He does not get to ***** about listening to christmas music, all day, every day, between those dates.

p.s. Neither of us actually celebrate christmas. I just like the music.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    The Friday after Thanksgiving when I'm putting up decorations and then not until December 23rd.

I don't need 300 versions of Jingle Bells going through my head. :laugh:
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning is too soon for me!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Our family tradition is the Friday after Thanksgiving, decorations go up, Christmas music is on. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    As soon as they start playing it at work over and over

*smashes head against the wall*

xD
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    The Sunday after Thanksgiving is when we put up our little tree, anything from that point forward is fair game!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    AFTER Halloween...and more preferably after Thanksgiving. I can only take so much Christmas music; however, they don't play "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" nearly enough to suit me.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you why I don't like Christmas carols. I went to a dentist some years ago. It was in December. I had to get some drilling done. Drilling is never pleasant.

So I'm in my chair leaned back with my mouth jacked open, saliva evaporating faster than I can dry swallow. Up to this point the techs that were tending to me were friendly and kind. But then the dentist walks in. He is red faced with shocking white hair, cut short military style. Very intense blue eyes and a meat eater's smile.

Of course, he starts talking to me, chit-chat and whatnot, asking questions that I can only answer with my eyes or a dry, gargling "ermph." Did I mention there were Christmas carols piped into the office? Not Bing Crosby or anything, the elevator/musak instrumental rip-your-eyeballs-out-mundane stuff. That's what is playing this whole time.

And then the drilling starts. Which, as most of you know, is bad enough. Seeing and smelling smoke that you know is a result of goings on inside your mouth is unsettling. But what gives me chills to this day is this dentist's red face right up next to mine, enthusiastically humming those fu**ing Christmas carols! I can see the pores in this guys cheeks and he's humming like a kid with a toy motorcycle. The entire time. Loudly. It completely freaked me out. I was terrified. I probably peed my pants.

I never went back there.

So yeah, no Christmas carols for me. At least not hummed.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    The Friday after Thanksgiving...

This is the earliest I'll tolerate it. I'm alone on this within my family...
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    As soon as the shops start playing it - so round about now then. I generally start avoiding shops then until I have to enter them - so this year, as in previous years, I'll be doing a lot of Amazon purchasing

When it comes to Christmas songs I'm with Ebeneezer