P90X, not getting results like I thought I would. :(

Options
I gotta say I am little bummed. I have been doing my first round of P90X since September 5th. Been pretty steady. Maybe miss one day a week of workouts. Lost 5lbs after like 2 weeks, but now nothing. I feel like I look all fat and stuff still. I thought I would be like everyone else and have awesome results already. I mean I probably don't eat quite like I should according to the P90X eating plan, so that probably doesn't help but I do try and eat healthy. And with two busy weekends coming up I may have to skip my workouts all together since I have so much to do during the week to get ready for each trip. Ok well I am done venting now. Just starting to fee discouraged and like I am moving back to my laziness since I am not seeing results. Thank you!!!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the lean version or the classic version?
    Are your carbs more than 150 grams per day?
    what is your protein intake like?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Follow the eating plan tightly!
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    Hang in there and do not give up or give in. 80% of P90X success is nutrition. Make sure your MFP percentages reflect the P90X Fat Shredder Nutrition Plan. It is impossible to out-exercise a bad nutrition plan so get that dialed in.

Keep Bringing It!!!
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    Are you doing the lean version or the classic version?
    Are your carbs more than 150 grams per day?
    what is your protein intake like?

I am doing the Classic Version, and sometimes I eat more than 150carbs a day I guess. And protein is like 50 or so.
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that weight loss is really 80% about your food intake and only 20% about your exercise. So my advice would be to really watch your food intake and diary everything you eat. BTW - 5 lbs is a great start so don't get too discouraged :)!
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your results. It does take clean diet and consistent workouts to see significant results. In addition, P90X is not really a weight loss program, but you should lose fat and build muscles if you stay with it.

If you feel that P90X is too much, etc., take a look at other BB programs, as they have a ton! I think Power 90, while dated, is a good beginners program that preps you well for the X.

Good luck!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You should be right in the middle of the second phase. It's hard when you don't see your expectations being met and you feel discouraged. I am sorry that you are having a rough go of it.

Have you taken measurements or pictures to find out if your eye is not seeing the changes. Sometimes the scale does not move in predictable ways.

i love p90x and have never felt stronger! However, I did have to add a little more cardio (some extra walking) - because my body responds really well to cardio.

It's okay if this particular program is not for you. But don't give up. Getting healthy and fit is such a good thing!
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    Thanks everyone so far. But as far as the nutrition I was having a hard time wtih this. One I didn't actually purchase the DVD's so I looked up online the nutrition plan and honestly I don't understand it. I am a girl who needs to be told you can have X amount of calories and X amount in grams of fat and so on. I noticed P90X plan says like eat 5 proteins, well what does that mean?

@carloP90X what/where are the percentages on here?? I dont see any in my diary.
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your results. It does take clean diet and consistent workouts to see significant results. In addition, P90X is not really a weight loss program, but you should lose fat and build muscles if you stay with it.

If you feel that P90X is too much, etc., take a look at other BB programs, as they have a ton! I think Power 90, while dated, is a good beginners program that preps you well for the X.

Good luck!

I actually really love the program was just expecting more results I guess. I guess I am comparing myself to others too much! :wink:
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I do not follow the eating plan. I just log my food in MFP and stay near my daily goal. Are you eating close to your daily calorie goal? Like within about 100 calories? I was having trouble with P90X last year because I was not eating enough. Use a good HRM that tracks calorie burn and use that as a guide to how many calories you are burning and eat most of those calories back. May sound counter-intuitive but that's the way it is.
    I thought I would be like everyone else and have awesome results already.
    Rest assured most people do NOT have fantastic results in the first month even though the videos on YouTube might make you think so. Most people get to their goal slower. Each person is different. If you keep at it you will make progress. Just keep pressing play! Do not give up!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    A purchased P90X program comes with a nutrition guide and percentages. On MFP you can go up to the settings tab and start with changing your percentages for carbs and protein. P90X requires between 40-50% protein. So, 50 grams of protein a day would not be enough for muscle building and repair. Cut your carbs down to 100 grams and I bet you'll drop weight this week.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    5 lbs is still a lot...I've lost 9..and I just started week 8 so our loss is comparable. BUT ....I lost a lot of inches.

And I'm not sticking to the P90X nutrition plan but I am trying to follow the P90X nutrient macros for what I am eating. I'm trying to get as close to my goal weight as I can with protein grams daily. Just by virtue of that...carbs drop.

So the scale is not everything. Did you take before measurements? I feel fantastic and much stronger and I'm starting to get some definition that was not obvious at the end of Phase 1 so ....DON'T GIVE UP and Keep BRINGING IT!
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck!

I actually really love the program was just expecting more results I guess. I guess I am comparing myself to others too much! :wink:

I'm glad you like the program! Stick with it, things will change. You can find nutrition guide online.

BTW setting a realistic goals is part of continued success IMO... Be realistic in your expectations, most people will need major refocusing to reverse the process our bodies have been following for years. Once you educate yourself about clean diet and stick with exercise routine, things will start changing for sure!
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think you helped me regain some motivation here! I think I will go home and take a look at the nutrtion plan again. And I will continue to bring it!

I actually didn't take measurements I always rely on the scale. But I will stop that now! Thanks!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck!

I'm glad you like the program! Stick with it, things will change. You can find nutrition guide online.

BTW setting a realistic goals is part of continued success IMO... Be realistic in your expectations, most people will need major refocusing to reverse the process our bodies have been following for years. Once you educate yourself about clean diet and stick with exercise routine, things will start changing for sure!

Didn't realize this was your 5th round of BB programs...impressive ...