Shine London 2011 marathon walk

Options
hi,

Just wondering if anyone was walking the shine marathon on 1st October? I am scared! Walking a marathon overnight is going to be tiring!

Replies

• sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Go for it!! I live in the U.S. but I have walked a 1/2 marathon, and racewalked one. There are no marathons close to where I live, that I know of, otherwise I would do it. Have a wonderful time, and enjoy!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Myself and my best mate are doing the half marathon, so will start a couple of hours after you. Training for it influenced me joining MFP and losing weight. I am looking forward to the walk, as I think it should be good fun.

Well done for doing the marathon, you're braver than me.
  • nettybb
    nettybb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am doing the shine walk on sat there are 4 of us doing it i have done the moonwalk for the last 3 years which is in may and starts at 12 midnight and that to is 26.3 miles glad this one is starting earlier just make sure you have plenty of jelly babies to keep you going and some music and take pain killers with you and plasters for blisters i got blisters the first time on the balls of my feet very painful now i wear some pads that really help good luck
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    How did you get on I did it - Took just under 10 hours and was shattered. Feet good but legs and knees were sore. Great night though thrilled to have finished it.