Weight in not going down anymore!

Options
(oops IS not! Sorry!)
Hi everyone! I need some advice. I have gone from 180 (right after the birth of my second son and to be fair I had toxemia so a lot of it was water so more like 145 but I like saying 180 because it's a HUGE loss,) to 113 currently. ( I am 5'2".) I have always been a smaller person so this is good for me but I was really hoping to get down to 108. This last month I have been working out extremely hard doing a Chalean Extreme Turbo Fire hybrid, 30 Day shred on weight lifting days and running 4-5 times a week 3-5 miles each time. At first I gained 3lbs, lost it and since I haven't budged. I eat mostly healthy and stay within my calories, what gives? Am I stuck here forever? My son is 15 months old now and I am ready to be at my goal!

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
    If you aren't eating enough your body can hold on to fat too.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back about 1/2 of my exercise calories
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    Honestly, 113 might be the "happy weight" for your body. 5lbs isn't really going to make a difference. Your body fluctuates 5lbs up or down every day.

I see that you're doing weight training, but have you considered spending a little bit of time (maybe a few months) trying to build muscle? When you're losing weight, strength training helps you hold on to the muscle you already have, but you can't build muscle unless you're eating at a caloric surplus.

So, what I would suggest is to take some time to increase your calories and focus on weight training instead of cardio. After a few months, go back to a caloric deficit, lose whatever little bit of fat you may have gained (most of the weight you would gain would be muscle, not fat), and then see how you like your body. Because you will have a lower fat percentage and a higher muscle percentage, you will look more toned and even thinner.

If you don't care for that, I'm not really sure there is a healthy way for you to get lower than 113 and even if you did, it might not make as much of a difference as you think.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Judging by your pics, you don't look like you have much to lose. 5lbs on your frame would be a lot. And don't look at weight, but shape and muscle tone.
    If you really want to "harden" then you can try 3 low carb days, followed by 1 high carb and repeat. Low carbs at about 50 grams a day, then high carb up to 150 grams.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are in a healthy weight range for your height. And since you're very active, it may be that this is the weight your body is happy at? Is there a specifc reason you want the 108? You could either plug your info into a BMI calculator or whatever, or go to a dr's office/health club that measures with calipers or whatever to see where you are with body fat, etc. and if those 5 lbs would do what you want to accomplish. But if your clothes fit how you want to, and your body looks how you want it to, and your energy level is where you want it to be, maybe you're where you need to be on the scales, too. :smile:

I had a friend who struggled and struggled to get off the last 3-5 lbs to her goal, finally after a forever struggle hit it...and maintained it for about a day. Her body just did not want to go those last few lbs, and she finally decided that 123 was okay, since 120 seemed to be impossible to maintain.

If you really do feel like those add'l 5 lbs do need to come off, have you adjusted your goal numbers in MFP to reflect current weight recently? I know when your weight gets that low, the daily requirements for maintaining it get lower, also.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    Options
    Thanks! The black pics are recent the rest are about 3 months after baby #2. I think I will try the carb idea for now and after I finish my current program give p90x a go to try to get more muscle tone.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    Options
    Yes, I have adjusted it ,my calories are right at 1200 and go up when I work out. i'm not sure why I am really stuck on 108, I just really want to hit it to see how it feels I guess :)
  • jenniferpayne5
    jenniferpayne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but maybe to have too much muscle to weigh 108. Try doing more reps at a smaller weight. Or subsitute a cardio day for a weight lifting day. Did you work out so hard when you were at that weight before? Because you may be in better shape and just have gained muscle mass which isn't really a bad thing. Sometimes the number in your head isn't the best indicator of success. Congrats on the huge weight loss so far. You are amazing.

Also make sure you are eating frequently. Small meals every 1-2 hours can help you to push past a plateau.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have adjusted it ,my calories are right at 1200 and go up when I work out. i'm not sure why I am really stuck on 108, I just really want to hit it to see how it feels I guess :)
    I hear ya. I want to hit 7% body fat by the end of the year.......................even if it's only for a day just to I can say I did it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest eating ALL your exercise calories. If that doesn't work, then raise your base to 1400 and eat ALL your exercise calories.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    Options
    I hear ya. I want to hit 7% body fat by the end of the year.......................even if it's only for a day just to I can say I did it.
    :) Exactly!
  • AshleyNicole8686
    Options
    Just a thought, but maybe to have too much muscle to weigh 108. Try doing more reps at a smaller weight. Or subsitute a cardio day for a weight lifting day. Did you work out so hard when you were at that weight before? Because you may be in better shape and just have gained muscle mass which isn't really a bad thing. Sometimes the number in your head isn't the best indicator of success. Congrats on the huge weight loss so far. You are amazing.

Also make sure you are eating frequently. Small meals every 1-2 hours can help you to push past a plateau.
    I actually have never been that weight before. Even when I was in High School and danced about 5 hours a day I stayed at 113.. sigh