51 and weight is shifting

Options
Hi Everyone... I'm new to the site.

I turn 51 this year and am realizing that my weight is shifting. I've weighed the same since I was 16 but am getting flabby around my belly and hip area. Doctor says - this has to go. I'm hoping a 10 pound weight loss will take care of this.

Replies

• fl200358
    fl200358 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I'm new to the site.

I turn 51 this year and am realizing that my weight is shifting. I've weighed the same since I was 16 but am getting flabby around my belly and hip area. Doctor says - this has to go. I'm hoping a 10 pound weight loss will take care of this.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings! It's gravity working you over...I'm 52 and have been fighting gravity with Bellydance and I love it!
  • fl200358
    fl200358 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have lower back problems so belly dancing is out for me. However, I do bike Mon and Wed for 1 hour and Power walk Tue and Thur for 1 hour. This aging thing is for the birds.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Don't ya' just hate that belly/hip area!!! If only.... Anyway, don't get discouraged if you lose the 10 lbs. but not necessarily where you want to lose it. We don't always lose where we want to (trust me, I've tried)! Just be happy with your accomplishments! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: