open food diaries

Options
Okay if you have an open food diary and eat pretty well, would you mind letting me have a peak so I can get some new ideas? I tend to stick to the same breakfasts, lunches, and dinners because I know they are good for me but I need to start adding more variety... Thanks

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    peek*
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Its open.
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like to think I eat fairly well, but since filling in my diary I have realised it's not all that great! My evening meals were way more substantial before my wee tot! Am trying to improve on that though so please feel free to peek, and I am also interested in ideas!

Please note, on Sunday I only had a slice of toast...this was due to food poisoning! Not every Sunday is like that!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well I eat and its pretty tasty... go for it, I won't mind but I can't guarantee its stuff you'll want or like! Lol.

:)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Mine should be open, and I feel I eat pretty decently-especially since I've broken up with fast food and few weeks ago-we just weren't getting along and it was time to break up, there may be room for a one-night stand here and there, but certainly not a relationship.
  • persistenttiger
    persistenttiger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine's open.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhh I like your diary ncledieu its along the same lines of what I eat! :)
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open, but I eat a lot of food from recipes that I enter myself. I hope it helps! <3
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    take a look at mine, I may not eat the best but i USUALLY keep it within calorie goals. =]
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty normal..go for it! Moderation is the key..no need to completely take it out..just burn off your calories..is all! :wink:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i dont eat perfectly all the time, but feel free to look at mine
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    feel free to look...mine is open. I have a mix of healthy and not so much healthy.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I eat and its pretty tasty... go for it, I won't mind but I can't guarantee its stuff you'll want or like! Lol.

:)

LOL I love this :)

Go ahead and have a peek at mine too. Not sure you're gonna like it though!! ;)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Mine is only open to my friends, but I can share a few favorites in our house:

Stewed chicken - take a large can of diced tomatoes ( we really like the one with green chiles) add in any veggies chopped that you have in your house - my favorite is onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic. Cook slowly until the chicken can easily be shredded. You can add corn/black beans, eat it as is, put it on rice, over spaghetti squash or on tortillas. It is low cal enough to be able to add some cheese and sour cream too.

Tuna steaks - sushi grade tuna steaks sauteed in olive oil until outside has a golden brown color and inside is still purple. Shred it over rice with wasabi and soy sauce, or over mixed greens with the wasabi and soy sauce.

Spaghetti - start with your favorite sauce as a base. Chop and add as many veggies as you have in the house. We even add spinach. Cook slowly and serve over spaghetti squash. You can add ground chicken, turkey or beef as well.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, feel free to look. I don't eat much gluten or dairy, and I never eat beef. Also, I rarely enter a recipe, instead, all the ingredients for a meal (dinners) are listed. May be hard to know what went into what. :wink:
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mines open (I think)! This is a great idea as I tend to stick to the same meals too!
  • nixickle
    Options
    Ooooohhh I like your diary ncledieu its along the same lines of what I eat! :)

Thanks :smile: Lol I just had a look back through mine and actually I don't think there's many good days! There seem to be a lot of days where I don't seem to eat much!! And on one day I noticed I totally missed off pasta with the sauce lol! I'm still a newbie so still learning!

Favs in our household are salmon (marinade briefly in soy sauce and Worcester sauce and sprinkle coriander seeds on top) veg and potatoes

Fish pie (nom nom nom!!!)

Lasagne

Pasta bolognaise

Stir fry

Jacket spuds and salads

Homemade curries

And Homemade chicken pie

I work full time, have a 17month old daughter and hubby is away alot, so my meals have to be quick and easy!! Which all the above are. Would love new ideas! Love fruit and veg, but often find motivation to prep veg hard work!! Used to do a lot of batch cooking and prepping veg in advance to freeze...once life catches back up with me, maybe I'll get back into that!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check mine out~ but I'll warn you in advance: I eat the same breakfast and lunch nearly every day!!:blushing:

I know, I know.....:grumble:
  • nixickle
    Options
    I mean once I catch back up with life!! Lol!
  • nixickle
    Options
    Persistenttiger: I envy your food diary! That is very healthy! I really should eat more grilled chicken and veg...and asparagus! I've missed so much!! Will be using your diary for inspiration!