...A rude awakening

Options
So, my clothes were getting tighter, I struggled to find outfits that suited me, I felt frumpy and lumpy! But unfortunately, I blamed everybody except myself - the shops for making skinny clothes, the washing machine for shrinking my current clothes etc etc...Then I weighed myself to find I'm pushing 15 stone!! Needless to say, I can't blame anybody else :-)

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.
    Good Luck.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the lifetime change!:flowerforyou:
  • dansing83
    dansing83 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OK, this may be a stupid question, but, how many pounds are in a stone? I always forget. San Diego gal. :smile:
  • nixy2k
    nixy2k Posts: 8
    Options
    14 :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Just decide to be healthy and stick with it, my pants that I was muffin topping over a month ago are now loose. I haven't starved myself or denied myself anything-I've just made a conscious effort to change for the better.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Boy are you in the right place!! I was 15 stone (210lbs) 5 months ago..I am now 11 stone 11lbs ...(165lbs) Thanks to this site and all the people here!!! If I can do this at 43 you can too!!! Add me if you like!! Together...we can!!!!!
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You can take the blame, but don't forget to take the credit when you start having your success! Cheers!
  • ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, lots of support here.
  • sparklieesue
    sparklieesue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's the way to do it. Good for you Emily!! :happy:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    yes -- good luck!!

It's a lifestyle change - not a diet!! :)
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    Boy are you in the right place!! I was 15 stone (210lbs) 5 months ago..I am now 11 stone 11lbs ...(165lbs) Thanks to this site and all the people here!!! If I can do this at 43 you can too!!! Add me if you like!! Together...we can!!!!!

wow well done!! :happy:
  • brittaniej
    Options
    You are in the right place. Mfp has definitely been my saving grace to getting healthy