HELP!!

Options
Since I have started to lose weight I have noticed I am constantly FREEZING. Its 82 degrees outside and im inside wearing a sweatshirt. Anyone else notice this? Past few weeks I am constantly cold, its weird!!
Someone suggested I may not be eating enough, I eat around 1000-1200 calories a day so I dont see the problem or correlation. Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    That's definitely not enough. Try upping your calories by at least 200 just because I know you exercise ;)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Yeah its probs not enough. But I am also always freezing, I think having 55lb less insolation does it though :(
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I lost weigh the first time (yo-yo dieter here) I did notice that. I went from being warm all the time to cold all the time. It comes along with weightloss sometimes.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, I would up the calories 200 especially if you're exercising and burning. I've been cold as well since my journey too. Always wearing a sweater in the office.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    But i loved my built in coat. Kept me warm! I never owned a coat, only north face jackets if there was like 3 feet of snow. Guess Im gna have to buy a winter coat this year AND NOT GONNA COMPLAIN!! My built in one is being lost day by day! WAHOO!!!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I feel cold when I drink a butt load of water.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The weight loss does change the body's thermostat..haha..but yes, you need to seriously add more to your diet..regarding calories..your body's telling you..."hello..we need some kind of fuel to keep warm..since your taking away our insulation..." so check out, maybe your not getting enough carbs and protein..
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling cold as well. Even after reaching my goal weight and returning to eating a weight sustaining 2,200 calories per day I'm still cold. Despite the inconvenience of layering up with clothes I'd rather do that than return to my previous insulation. Good luck and congratulations on the weight loss.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    That's definitely not enough. Try upping your calories by at least 200 just because I know you exercise ;)

Agreed
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I've noticed this myself, as well. I used to be HOT, like sweaty hot, all the time, rarely ever wore jackets (it had to be freezing outside). Then this HOT summer happened and I was chilly constantly! I had to take a sweater with me everywhere, air conditioning was terrible!

There was a week in the summer where the heat index was in the 100s and I was literally shivering outside without a jacket on. Turns out I was fighting a cold, the illness never got bad but I did need LOTS of sleep to really get over it. I hope you're not getting sick! If that's not the case then yes, definitely, I agree with the other posters that you need to eat a little bit more.
  • raimevee
    Options
    Your caloric intake might be the issue....but I would begin by looking at WHAT your eating instead of how much. You might need more fiber, protein, carbs, etc... I suggest finding a hearty bean filled chilli recipe since we're about to hit perfect chilli weather :)