My first BIG NSV: clothing size!

Options
I was always a size 14 prior to having my son 3 years ago...since high school. Then after having him, 14s were too tight or gave me muffin top, so I have worn a size 16 for the past 3 years. At first after having him, it was REALLY hard to buy a size 16 in the store...it was "plus size" which really bothered me, but I finally got used to it.

Well, very shortly after starting to lose weight at the end of July, they were getting really loose. 2 weeks ago, I could not wear them anymore. Even with a belt, the butt & thighs sagged to the point of looking ridiculous! I bought a couple of size 14 dress pants 2 weeks ago just so I had something to wear to work in the mean time. Today, those were really baggy on me & I had an Old Navy coupon, so I decided to stop in to see if I could find some pants.

I picked up a size 12 & held them up. They looked like they would fit! So I excitedly grabbed several more size 12 pants & headed to the fitting room. THEY ALL FIT PERFECTLY! I am officially a size 12 & it feels SO AMAZING! I have not been a 12 since sophomore year of high school TEN YEARS AGO!! Just not wearing a 14 (OR 16) anymore feels so great...I can't wait to keep going down in size!

I just had to share with someone because I was so excited!!! :)

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Go girl! That is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! well done, you!
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    that's great!
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! That is exciting!!! :D
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    WOOP WOOP! AMAZING job girl :-) Its only gonna get better keep up your hard work! I cant wait till the day im not in a double digit size anymore im so happy for you!!!
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and I am so very glad you achieved this! Celebrate this small victory and be proud of yourself for making it happen! Hurrah for you!!!! :)
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Isn't it such an awesome feeling! WAY TO GO!! I remember I bawled when I finally broke down and bought new clothes cause all my 26/28 were so big that they were falling off me. When I put on that size 18 I just about fainted! Hadn't been that small since I got pregnant with my first, 16 years ago! Keep it up!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    great job!!! that's awesome!!!
  • bgm5270
    bgm5270 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good job!:smile:
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It's great to have some people to share the news with that understand what a big deal this is for me! :)
  • playful82
    playful82 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    great job... =)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The downside of going from a size 10/12 to a size 2/4 is the cost of buying new clothes when you do not have the money. But I wouldn't give it up just for that. Someday I will have the money to be properly dressed again.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome. You should be so proud. Keep up the great work :smile:
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome feeling!! I just bought my first jeans in a 12 about a month ago and I was so happy! I haven't been in a size 12 in almost 16 years!
  • JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ain't that the best! So happy for you! I'm just fitting into a 12 here and there. Been 16 after had my daughter then a 14. yay to 12's!!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fantastic don't that feel good. Conratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!