PEOPLE WITH VERY LOW CAL INTAKE

Options
i know its not too heathy to eat less than 1,000calories aday but i have a job were im not too much on my feet and eating a little under 1,000 calories doesnt bother me at all . I dont even feel hungry during the day . (some days ill go to about 1,200 calories) is there anyone with about the same low calorie intake as me ? i need some supporters ! add me :smile:

Replies

• annaxxx123
    Options
    i agree100% with your decision I'm only having less than 800 cals per day
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know I'm probably going to get flamed - but unless you are really short, your body needs at least 1200 calories just to live. Just to sit there and stare at a wall. Eat people!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I know I'm probably going to get flamed - but unless you are really short, your body needs at least 1200 calories just to live. Just to sit there and stare at a wall. Eat people!
    ^^This
  • michellezigs
    Options
    I have a desk job and usually eat about 1000 1100 cals per day. I haven't needed all 1200 since I started. I have 50 lbs to lose so I don't think my body will go into "starvation mode" anytime soon. Good luck! :-)
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1100 per day, exercise 5 days a week and I eat very well, take mulit vitamins. I feel the best I have ever felt! and I am steadily losing weight and bodyfat! I rarely get hungry after my 1100 calories, so I go with how my body feels!
    I m sure you will get a few haters on this post, but just do what your body is comfortable with! Everyone is different!
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Less than 800 is really, really not healthy.

The point is to eat a healthy diet, not stop eating.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay every once in awhile if you're having a really busy day (or not feeling well) to eat fewer calories, but I have to agree that it's important to eat at LEAST 1200 calories per day from healthy foods.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i agree100% with your decision I'm only having less than 800 cals per day

Please, PLEASE eat! I would say that it's OK to go this low on occasion...you know, once in a while when you are in a rush, when you are sick, etc...But making a habit of this can be dangerous for your body. Unless you are like 4'8" tall, you need to eat more. :cry:
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay every once in awhile if you're having a really busy day (or not feeling well) to eat fewer calories, but I have to agree that it's important to eat at LEAST 1200 calories per day from healthy foods.

Yes, and I believe 1500 if you're a dude.
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1100 per day, exercise 5 days a week and I eat very well, take mulit vitamins. I feel the best I have ever felt! and I am steadily losing weight and bodyfat! I rarely get hungry after my 1100 calories, so I go with how my body feels!
    I m sure you will get a few haters on this post, but just do what your body is comfortable with! Everyone is different!

Out of curiosity, have you run a half marathon before?
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    Part of my reason for joining was to learn to eat my calories because I was never hungry. The lack of huger came from getting used to starving my body. When I joined, I tried to hit 1200 no matter what and it makes a difference - the weight from starving dropped off and I've been far happier. I don't suggest going below 1200 - your body needs that much just to run it's functions. (: (And never go below 500 a day! It's very scary to do so and not healthy at all).
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yup...eat some more! You are young and will screw up your metabolism maintaining such low rates. If you do it just once in awhile, not such a big deal. Eat big on weekends or something...Just keep a minimal 1200. Doctors normally don't suggest any lower than that unless for very short women. Requesting advice from people with the same low calorie intake is only gonna feed into what you want to hear vs. what you need to hear.
  • WordToYourMamma
    Options
    I agree that a person needs 1200 calories just to sustain themselves if they laid in bed all day, just to breath & have your heart pump blood, etc. I have a desk job and am studying for the CPA exam so I pretty much just sit all day too but MFP has me eating 1540 calories and I am still losing weight. On top of that, my doctor told me that I was too thin on Friday and that I needed to up my caloric intake. I won't, I like being too thin and I can gain a few pounds over the holdiays with no worries, but just to tell you for comparison reasons.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I hope I am not being misinformed...I posted something very similar to this a couple of days ago...Some people said NO! under 1200 is too low....and some are eating like only 800 and thats ok?? I want to know what is best. Somebody please message me with the truth lol! =)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Haters? Hmmm...don't really consider it "hate" when we want to help people be healthy.

1100 calories is one thing. Less than 800 is completely different...
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, have you run a half marathon before?

Not yet plan to in march, and by then I will be eating more......I dont run a half marathon everyday......so I dont feel my body needs to be fueled for a half.
  • kelligetsfit
    Options
    The thing is, if you eat too few calories you will still lose weight. That's how anorexia works.
    The double edge is that you will also lose muscle mass.
    I frequently can't eat at work or get a lunch break, so I made sure to target some high-calorie protein items that I incorporate into my meals. (Salmon, for instance, or chicken breasts.) It's important to eat a minimum 1200 if you want to maintain muscle while working off the fat. If you just want a lower weight number, eating too few calories will still accomplish that. Because your scale weighs more than just fat- it weighs EVERYTHING you gain or lose including stomach contents, muscle, water retention, etc.
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you are never hungry from eating less than 1000 or even less than 1200 calories, it is probably because you have slowed your metabolism down to nothing. You need to feed and fuel your body... getting hungry is a good thing because it means your metabolism is up and running!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Eating that low will result in losing muscle mass. Muscle mass is a part of your metabolism. If you burn too much muscle, when you will start to eat a little bit more, you will gain weight. I am 4'11'' and would rarely eat below 1400-1500 calories and that are days I do not exercise.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if you don't eat enough calories to maintain bodily functions, i.e. pumping blood through your body, you are being counterproductive. your body wont burn anything. just my thoughts...