Pace and C25K

Options
I had completed the C25K program this spring - running outside. My best 5K time this summer was 35 min. After not finding time to run for a few weeks this fall, I purchased a treadmill (which I love!) and restarted the C25K at week 5 running on the treadmill. I never had a great way to measure my run/walk paces outside, but with the treadmill I do. So, my question is this - what is YOUR average walk pace and your average run pace? My walking is at 4 mph, and as bad as I want to sustain a 6 mph run - I can only do it for about 5 min. So - what is your C25K pace and what week are you on?? Thanks!

Replies

• katieruns
    Options
    I started out week 1 at 21 min per mile (I know abysmal!!!) I just completed W4D1 this morning and have shaved down to 14.14 mpm. Which i know it's still high, but as soon as I am done with the program I am really hoping to at least be right under 10 mpm.

oh you asked for run and walk pace... I honestly have no idea... I don't know how to measure that yet actually LOL...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 6 of C25K. When I finish, I also plan to return to week 5 and up my pace a bit. Right now I walk at 3mph on a steep 7-10% incline and run at 5mph at 0%. I hope to get back to my former pace of a 9 minute mile.

The thing I have learned is to not push it. If 6mph is hard, back off a bit. I had to take a year off from running because I pushed too hard and too fast, leading to a knee injury.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    When I do the c25k I walk at 4.3 and jog at 5.6. I can do the whole 5k now at 5.4 but hopefully more speed will come.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I walked at 3.5, and jogged at 5mph, but by the end, I was up to 5.5. When I did my first race, a 4.5 miler, I averaged 5.8 with a little bit of walking, and the following week, I ran my first 5k at about 6.2 mph. That was in March.

My most recent 5k was at 7.3mph and a 10k at 7mph. But I still have a hard time running even two minutes at 7mph on a treadmill.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your input. It is nice to hear how others' times have progressed! I have hope!! :)