My INSANITY before and afters!

I followed the Insanity schedule for all 63 days and had no soda, no chicken or red meat (personal preference), and no fast food, etc.
If you have any questions, let me know. I'll probably be doing Turbo Fire and maybe a Chalene Extreme hybrid in the near future, so also let me know if you're interested in doing this with me! On another note, please restrain from any rude comments about wanting to lose a few more pounds (according to my ticker). Yes, I do. I need to lower my body fat percentage to have greater ab definition, and I'm also planning on joining my high school's (yes, high school) power-lifting team. I'm only a few pounds away from being in a lighter weight class. I do not starve myself, and even "skinny" people can improve! Please let my goals be MY own... and feel free to add me for motivation and helpful criticism to keep each other on track!(:
Now for the good stuff.

Refer to this post for my 'before' pictures;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299006-my-30-day-s-straight-shred-results

BEFORE measurements:
hips: 31 inches, waist: 24 inches, left & right bicep: 10.75 inches, left & right forearm: 9 inches, left & right quad/thigh: 21 inches, left calf: 13.5 inches, right calf: 13.5 inches… and according to my scale:

117.8 pounds, 20.2 body fat, 6.6 bone, 58 water

- AFTER measurements:
around butt: 33.5 inches. around hip bone: 27 in (So I don't know the exact place where I measured before, but the number definitely went down)
waist is 23 inches.
left & right bicep: 10 in
forearm: 8.75 in
thighs: 19 in
calves: just under 13 inches

and according to the scale: 109 pounds, 16.8% body fat, 6.6% bone, 60.7% water

Pictures:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064053.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064124.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064758.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064547.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064542.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/111004-064409.jpg

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    I'm 5'3" as well and my goal is to be 105lbs as well.

Just wanted to say kudos to your determination to complete your goals but i think you looked incredible after the 30 day shred. now i'm not sure where you've got the body fat to lose from when i look at the newest pics.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    .Pictures:

111004-064053.jpg
    111004-064124.jpg
    111004-064758.jpg
    111004-064547.jpg
    111004-064542.jpg
    111004-064409.jpg
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    I'm 5'3" as well and my goal is to be 105lbs as well.

Just wanted to say kudos to your determination to complete your goals but i think you looked incredible after the 30 day shred. now i'm not sure where you've got the body fat to lose from when i look at the newest pics.

Thank you. I have a pretty bad lower belly.. it isn't firm at all. These pictures are slightly deceiving, and I am also flexing like crazy. Good luck with your goals.(:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    oh my, you can def. see a difference. you are soo thin now! Great work with sticking to it! I know it is really hard to stay on plan all the time! I don't see a problem with being thin as long as its the healthy way... :)) I HATE it when people say " oh your too skinny, you need to stop losing weight, are you starving yourself.. etc. I am NOT even "skinny" i look normal and can use some definition in my mid-section. I am currently doing 30DS. I have 11 days left of it, then i will start on 6wk6pk! best of luck to you in losing your final lbs!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Wow you can really see it in your ABS !! You look great! So how bad is Insanity? I'm thinking of going to it after 30 Day Shred.....
  • good luck
  • radiantlyhealthy
    oh my, you can def. see a difference. you are soo thin now! Great work with sticking to it! I know it is really hard to stay on plan all the time! I don't see a problem with being thin as long as its the healthy way... :)) I HATE it when people say " oh your too skinny, you need to stop losing weight, are you starving yourself.. etc. I am NOT even "skinny" i look normal and can use some definition in my mid-section. I am currently doing 30DS. I have 11 days left of it, then i will start on 6wk6pk! best of luck to you in losing your final lbs!

Thank you. It's definitely the healthy way, and I completeeely agree; I'm the same way. Great job with your fitness goals.. and good luck to you too!(:
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Wow, you are so svelte!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Wow you can really see it in your ABS !! You look great! So how bad is Insanity? I'm thinking of going to it after 30 Day Shred.....

Ahh, thanks! It's the worst in the beginning of both months, and by the end you might feel a little unmotivated (if you're like me)... but you have to push through. Doesn't matter how well you do if you give it all you've got! Good luck.(:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    good luck

thanks!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Wow, you are so svelte!

Awh, thank you!
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Great job! Very proud that you have stuck with the program :)

Obviously you weren't big at all in your befores but from my point of view I would say it is harder at times for smaller girls to stay motivated towards a healthier lifestyle...you don't see as big of results, you can slack off and still be considered "small", etc. And for that I really admire your dedication to working out!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Amazing! You look wonderful! I'm so glad you stuck with it. I think it was so worth it.
  • radiantlyhealthy

Obviously you weren't big at all in your befores but from my point of view I would say it is harder at times for smaller girls to stay motivated towards a healthier lifestyle...you don't see as big of results, you can slack off and still be considered "small", etc. And for that I really admire your dedication to working out!

This means sooo much to me because you were seriously my motivation to start the program in the first place. I saw your results and wanted them! haha it's so much harder doing this while not being overweight.. some people do not understand that you can have insecurities at any size, and just because you don't see them, doesn't mean someone shouldn't work to fix it. Thank you so much for understanding and being one of MY inspirations..!(:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Amazing! You look wonderful! I'm so glad you stuck with it. I think it was so worth it.

I'm glad I stuck to it too! your results were fantastic, by the way! and thank you(:
  • You were a good size before but you look amazing now! You're thin but you're fit, not boney. I seriously admire your hard work!
  • This means sooo much to me because you were seriously my motivation to start the program in the first place. I saw your results and wanted them! haha it's so much harder doing this while not being overweight.. some people do not understand that you can have insecurities at any size, and just because you don't see them, doesn't mean someone shouldn't work to fix it. Thank you so much for understanding and being one of MY inspirations..!(:

this is exactly how i feel! and this is why im doing insanity bc i feel like i need to work on toning my stomach. im happy with how far ive come and that ive reached my goal weight but i still have things i feel i need to work on. so it is upsetting when people act rude and say mean things. im not trying to lose any weight but i am trying to tone my body more. i hate when people say you dont need to workout anymore. if i didnt workout i would be in the shape im in right now
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Great job
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    you look like you're naturally small and 105 at 5'3" isn't underweight, so i see no reason why anyone would mention anything negative about your goal. you look GREAT. i am a weensy bit jealous of how fabulous and defined your back/waist is (umm because those are my problem areas, haha). congratulations, and you look wonderful.
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member

This means sooo much to me because you were seriously my motivation to start the program in the first place. I saw your results and wanted them! haha it's so much harder doing this while not being overweight.. some people do not understand that you can have insecurities at any size, and just because you don't see them, doesn't mean someone shouldn't work to fix it. Thank you so much for understanding and being one of MY inspirations..!(:

Aww thanks, thats so sweet :)

I remember when you weren;t sure if you'd be able to do insanity and thought it might be too hard....Glad you tried and realized how strong you are!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!