Do you have any non-results oriented goals?

Options
I went on a cruise last month and made a little goal for myself that I would not use the elevator for the entire trip. I accomplished this without having to worry about reaching any magic number, and it was liberating.

I am trying to make some more goals along these lines but am drawing a blank. I was hoping you'd share your goals with me so that inspiration may strike. :happy:

Please feel free to share any goals you have made.

Replies

• clairibou1
    Options
    bump! i feel like these goals are good, but the scale isn't always nice...and its frustrating when you can see changes in your body, but not on the scale!
  • clairibou1
    Options
    ok that made absolutely NO sense. what i MEANT to say was that I enjoy setting other goals, not just scale-related ones....sleep depravation much? :)
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How about "never take the closest parking space"?
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see other posts as well!

I would really like to do a few non-assisted pullups :) Not anywhere near but I started the 'assisted pull-up machine' at 90lbs and now I only use 60 so I'm slowly moving on up!

I also did the 100 push up challenge (see http://hundredpushups.com/)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How about "never take the closest parking space"?

Yep. I hoof it.

I also deliberately shop out of order. I'm sure the people at Kroger think I'm insane. I'll go from one end of the store to the other, back and forth.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I also deliberately shop out of order. I'm sure the people at Kroger think I'm insane. I'll go from one end of the store to the other, back and forth.

I love this idea!
  • beautyonhold
    Options
    i'm definitely on the park as far away as possible rout. I do it everywhere i go! it's nice for me because even if i don't get a set workout that day i still get a little exercise by walking the distances to and from places. I also try to carry something with me at all times. Whether its a bag, or a water bottle, or my cat (who weighs almost 30 pounds) because that's like carrying a weight wherever i go. i also try to avoid elevators now.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I do something similar to this: I walk every aisle but the baby stuff, even if I don't particularly need anything in that aisle. This can be kinda bad if my husband is along though, he tends to throw in extra stuff. :P
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I end up running across the store several times, too. Unfortunately, this is just because I am absent minded... :embarassed:
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the stairs instead of elevator and park at the back of the parking lot for a while now and it feels great!
    What I also try to do when I walk anywhere (time permitting) is to not take the quickest route! Even if there is a straight path from the building I'm in on campus to the one I have to go to next, I'll walk around the outside of campus, and try to take a new route each time. It's a nice change of scenery and and a little bit of exercise for the busy days when I can't get to the gym :)

ps, love this topic! I'm interested to see what other people do!