daily calories

Options
I am continually (always) under my calorie goal, yet I am not hungry, seems wrong to eat just to get the calories. Am I wrong to not eat? example today my net calories (after exercise) are at 738 my total is just over 1200, I am a carpenter so my calories left 1600 are and I don't want to eat, I am not hungry.

Replies

• daleworley
    Options
    yeah i havent been doing this long but im way under and im stuffed so i know what you mean im not hungry so why eat just to hit cal? confusing to me
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I say if you're not hungry, don't eat.
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing is working. 40 pounds is a great accomplishment.
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are a lucky guy. I'm on 1500 calories and feel like I'm starving half the time.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    From what it sounds like, you may be in starvation mode. I couldn't go with less than 800 calories in one day, at all. Normally somebody couldn't. What you need to do is start to slowly add more calories to your diet. Try to aim for 1200-1500 calories minimum a day. This will help you lose weight quicker, and you should leave starvation mode. Your metabolism is slowed way down (from what it sounds) and you have to pick it back up. Today eat a small snack, and tomorrow eat a bit more healthy snacks and get more food!!!
  • debgcook
    Options
    Even if you are not hungry, you may want to eat some fruit and carrots. So that you are not starving your body.
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    I know how you feel... I am having the same problem, working out is giving me so much energy and I am not hungry and I always have lots of calories at the end of my day!! it's very frustrating!!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Easy to bump up the cals! Eat a handful of nuts! They are good for you and high in calories. Spread some avocado on the bread that you're eating, add an egg to your dinner, have a slice of cheese or drink a glass of milk. The aim is to keep the metabolism moving so that your weight loss wont stall =)
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wish I could look at your food diary. How many meals do you eat in a day? How many snacks do you eat? What beverages do you drink? A guy your size with your job needs to be eating more than what your eating. So take what you need to be eating and divide it by how many meals and snacks you are eating per day. I'm only speaking from experience so what works for me may not work for you but you can try to make yourself a big breakfast to start your day. Try to use healthy carbs and healthy fats. That way if you have a light lunch and supper your still gonna hit your calorie needs. Also, easy snacks are 100 cal string cheese or deviled eggs for protein. This is all things I've done to lose my 91 lbs . I still struggle some days to hit my calories but I try better the next day. Good luck.

Nichole