What would be a reasonable goal?

Options
I know I am a very impatient person:) I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment!
I would like to lose 35 lbs total. What amount of time will this take? How long to lose 15 lbs?
I would really like to lose the full 35 lbs by February. Is that even possible?
I am trying to keep to my calories and I just was given the clearance to exercise again starting today.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    figure you are probably going to lose a pound a week. their is no quick fix, and this will be hard. eat healthy, eat right, and don't starve yourself. exercise smartly, and you'll be a new you before you know it.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose up to 2 lbs a week, in a healthy, non-psycho way, however, 35 lbs is not THAT much overweight, so you may find yourself struggling to realistically lose more than 1 lb a week after the first few weeks.

15 lbs by New Years seems reasonable, and then go from there.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I had more to lose than that, but I lost on average 1.5-2 pounds per week. I then have been stuck with the last 10-15 pounds for almost 2 years. However, I have had a lot going on where I wasn't exactly trying to lose either.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds a week is average so add up the weeks and see where you could reasonably be. You can do it.
  • luvlite2
    Options
    Sure it's possible...you have to be ready for the challenge though. I've lost 25lbs in 7 weeks so I'd say you can lose 35 by FEB...I cut out carbs though...not all of them but the "white" carbs had to go. A lot of fresh fruit and veggies are great. and the less your food is processed the better. Good Luck! I must rock because I always lose more than 2lbs a week...hmmmmm
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have around the same goals..right now.. I set mini goals to hit at a certain amount of time..like a month ago...I have set a goal to lose 10 lbs within a few months basically...

so 5 lbs every month..that way you will reach your goal.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've got 40 more lbs to lose & my goal is to lose 15 by January. If I lose more, great! But if I don't, I won't be too upset. You don't want to set your goals too high or you might get disappointed.
  • AISIGO
    AISIGO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wish I had a magic wand and *poof* all of the weight would disappear!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wish I had a magic wand and *poof* all of the weight would disappear!!!

you're weird like that. none of us here want that at all.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Not sure about your history with weight issues, but as a 51 year old female who has battled weight since the age of 10, one of the BEST lessons I've learned is to NOT put ANY time limit on your weight loss.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have done this, I have been disappointed and given up the effort.

Get that "I want to lose xx pounds by xx date" out of your head and just DO it for now and forever!

Just a suggestion:heart:

Edit: I DO however, set "mini-goals" for myself, but do NOT put any time limit on it.