ChaLean Extreme - Newbie here

Options
Today is my first day of CLE. I have a few questions for the grads/current members.

What type of calorie burns do you get? I just did Burn Circuit 1 and burned 106 calories. I did 12 reps and they were difficult. I did 11 of the 12 pushups on my toes. But I must say I was dissapointed in the burn I got from my HRM. I just finished Supreme 90 day and those workouts gave me higher burns.

I found the exercises a little difficult, particularly with balance. For example, moving side to side with weights in a lunge....and the movements with my arms out to the side felt awkward..I assume my form will get better.

Any tips from alumni?

Replies

• tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can't help you - but I have a couple questions about this program too! I got my DVDs in the mail today and I bought them used, so I don't know if I got all the literature or info.

Are you supposed to do Burn for 30 days, then Push 30 days and then Lean 30 days? Our alternate between the 3?

Also, how many days a week are you meant to do the DVDs? Is it three days on, one day off? Or 6 days on, 1 day off like P90X? Any help would be appreciated - I really want to start the 90 days this weekend. :)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I can't help you - but I have a couple questions about this program too! I got my DVDs in the mail today and I bought them used, so I don't know if I got all the literature or info.

Are you supposed to do Burn for 30 days, then Push 30 days and then Lean 30 days? Our alternate between the 3?

Also, how many days a week are you meant to do the DVDs? Is it three days on, one day off? Or 6 days on, 1 day off like P90X? Any help would be appreciated - I really want to start the 90 days this weekend. :)

You can find the schedule online. I googled it once when I was looking into the program. The BeachBody site has worksheets to write your weights/reps down.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I never checked how many calories I burned, but remember you are doing strength training. It isn't going to be the same type of calorie burned as cardio, but the thing is when you do strength training and build muscle you will burn calories all day long! The balance will come. Just keep working on it! My hubby's balance wasn't completely there at first and it has improved immensely! I seriously LOVE this program! If you have time you can add more cardio in with the strength training, but most of us don't have time for that! I have loved the definition I have gotten from this program! Message me if you have more questions :)
  • tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You can find the schedule online. I googled it once when I was looking into the program. The BeachBody site has worksheets to write your weights/reps down.
    [/quote]

THank you - I found it! I think I will start tomorrow so that Tuesday and Thursdays will be my rest days - I teach Zumba classes those days. I'm really hopeful that the shorter length of these workouts will help me with fitting weight training into my schedule. Good luck to you!
  • deanadimples
    Options
    [quote
    THank you - I found it! I think I will start tomorrow so that Tuesday and Thursdays will be my rest days - I teach Zumba classes those days. I'm really hopeful that the shorter length of these workouts will help me with fitting weight training into my schedule. Good luck to you!
    [/quote]

Keep in mind that the next month, you won't have the same days off. I was excited today when I found out I had Mon/Wed as rest days but then I made my own calendar with Day 1 showing as Tues, etc. Then I realized the 2nd and 3 month have different days off. But you could eliminate one rest day and maybe change it up to where it works?????

Good luck!
  • deanadimples
    Options
    Another question!.....whats your favorite/least fave DVD or workout?