25 Calorie "Buffalo Wing Style" Shirataki Noodles

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_lskikk5Ujn1qf7n0mo1_400.jpg

Chelle’s Shirataki Sauce Of The Day: Ultra-Low Calorie Buffalo Wing Sauce

I needed a spicy salty snack, tonight, and had a limited number of calories left in my budget.

I dry-fried two 7oz bags of shirataki noodles (0 calories) and sauced them with a mixture of 4 tbsp hot sauce (0 calories), 1 tbsp soy sauce (10 calories), 1 tbsp barbecue marinade (10 calories) and 1tsp of butter sprinkles (5 calories).

Total calories for approximately one pound of delicious, mega-spicy “Buffalo Wing Shirataki Noodles”: 25

Isn’t that incredible?

Of course it is!

-spicychelle

Replies

• Linzee08
    Linzee08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "dry fried"??? I have not been able to prepare these right so that they weren't gross... What is the secret?
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Are those good though? I'm terrified to try them as I've heard they have a fishy smell and taste like rubber. What brand do you use? I'd love to try them but they scare me. lol
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    yeah I'm intrigued but have only eaten these noodles once. I could handle a few bites but they kind of made me gag. I have a bag sitting in the fridge now, probably expired! lol
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yummy, i bought one package of this 0-calorie noodles last week to test it out , very good..Well worth the $ 2.00
  • finallychelle
    Options
    What do you mean "dry fried"??? I have not been able to prepare these right so that they weren't gross... What is the secret?

If you rinse shirataki noodles thoroughly in hot water and then fry them on HIGH in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam until they are bone dry-- they are wonderful. No fishy smell and a greatly improved texture. The process takes about 8 minutes.

Then sauce them any way you'd like.

I have dozens of ways that I prepare them and I eat them every day.

Try it- you'll like it!

-Chelle
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    i love shirataki noodles. re the fish smell, it was the water they were packaged in that smelt and the smell was very faint (could be due to brand) but when washed well the smell dissapears.
    the texture is strange at first, but when the noodles are cooked with veg and/or meat, its not noticeable.
    they go really well with asian spices, or garlic, galangal, lemongrass... strong flavours as they absorb the flavour of the stuff theyr cooked in.

eg
    cajun seasoning, garlic, onion, diced chicken breast- cook it all with a little water and a little tomato puree, once the chicken is almost cooked add the washed noodles and simmer for a few mins or until the excess water has evaporated. yum!
  • daves1grl
    Options
    Where do you buy these noodles? Are they available in stores?
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Well, I am willing to try them! I'm low carb, so I'll bet if i fried them in a tablespoon of butter they would get crispy. That might be good... Hmm... I can't eat teriyaki sauce or anything, though, so I'll have to look around. These might be promising though. Zero calories can't be wrong, right?
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options

i initially got mine from www.japancentre.com. ive just ordered another 30 packs from www.zeronoodles.com. they r both uk delivery tho so if ure not in uk, try a google search maybe??
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I eat shirataki noodles every day and I LOVE all the recipes you post! Keep them coming!!!!:)
  • finallychelle
    Options
    Well, I am willing to try them! I'm low carb, so I'll bet if i fried them in a tablespoon of butter they would get crispy. That might be good... Hmm... I can't eat teriyaki sauce or anything, though, so I'll have to look around. These might be promising though. Zero calories can't be wrong, right?

Sometimes I dry fry them then add puréed tomatoes, basil, oregano and garlic. Italian style works great!
  • finallychelle
    Options

I am fortunate enough to have 5 Asian markets nearby (I live near an Air Force base). I get them for $1.29/bag-- a fabulous price!

Do you have any Asian markets nearby?
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options

i initially got mine from www.japancentre.com. ive just ordered another 30 packs from www.zeronoodles.com. they r both uk delivery tho so if ure not in uk, try a google search maybe??
    I buy them at Winn Dixie
  • CharlieOverby
    Options

I buy them at Winn Dixie in the produce dept.
  • CharlieOverby
    Options
    tumblr_lskikk5Ujn1qf7n0mo1_400.jpg

Chelle’s Shirataki Sauce Of The Day: Ultra-Low Calorie Buffalo Wing Sauce

I needed a spicy salty snack, tonight, and had a limited number of calories left in my budget.

I dry-fried two 7oz bags of shirataki noodles (0 calories) and sauced them with a mixture of 4 tbsp hot sauce (0 calories), 1 tbsp soy sauce (10 calories), 1 tbsp barbecue marinade (10 calories) and 1tsp of butter sprinkles (5 calories).

Total calories for approximately one pound of delicious, mega-spicy “Buffalo Wing Shirataki Noodles”: 25

BE sure and check the type of shirataki noodles. Tofu Shiritaki have 20 cal per serving. Yam sherataki have 0 cal.

Isn’t that incredible?

Of course it is!

-spicychelle
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!!! I have to look to see if I can find those noodles!!
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    oh yeah!
  • haterhaze
    haterhaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • summerlove00