Need suggestions for ab workouts!

Options
Hey! I am a poor college student with limited time! I don't have a lot of time to work out, I make sure I get my 30 min of cardio in, but its really hard to squeeze time in for abs. I also don't really know what to do for workouts other than doing crunches with a yoga ball. I would really like some easy suggestions to get my abs and love handles slimmed down! Videos and stuff aren't really gonna work out for me, because I can't afford to buy them, but if I just know what the exercises are I can do them! Also I need more friends so add me!

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    one word....youtube
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    Hey! Someone posted this website a few days ago and it seems really good, http://randomabs.com, it has a different ab routine everyday. I've only done 2 days and I can feel it working. Plus, you can sign up to get the daily routine to your email or cell phone.

Good luck!
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    Prone Hold and side Prone Holds are really good for your core strength - and if you do them right you feel the burn in your own home
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I was wondering the same. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The best way to get your abs in shape is to 1) Eat clean.

99% of your success or failure will come from this.

for the other 1% (exercise) I recommend Planks for abs. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The best way to get your abs in shape is to 1) Eat clean.

99% of your success or failure will come from this.

for the other 1% (exercise) I recommend Planks for abs. :)

nah a caloric deficit to lose bf is all that is really needed, food choices don't matter all that much

if you're not squatting and deadlifting then weighted ab work is good for your abs
  • jann34
    jann34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of six and know whats it like to have little money and time as well , here are some tips i hope they work :) : I have found when you eat less carbs you loose more tummy weight , also if you look online you can get some tips on food that will help. Second the library is a great resource for people like you and me , most of the time you can keep videos for about a month even if you have to renew . This gives you time to learn a routien and do it on your own , some good videos your library might have is 10 min abs , abs of steel and yoga is a real tummy workout ( you dont have to be a skinny pretzel to do it either ) you can do what is in your comfort level and before you know it you are doing thing you never thought you could :) . But for now here is what i do , I two sets of crunches 25 in each set , then i do two sets of leg lifts ( both legs together lying on you back ) and then i repeat , this doesnt sound like alot but does work. Pilates is also a good ab workout , they focus on your core ( the tummy ) this to is like yoga some you can do right away some you work your way up to. There are alot of videos for this at the library , online , even books , infact you can even find workouts on netflix.com which you can get a free month trial if you dont have an account or money :) . I hope this helps
  • peka0601
    peka0601 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes this does!! Thanks!
  • peka0601
    peka0601 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This website is great and exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Training abs don't make them smaller or your waist smaller. It will make them stronger and more conditioned. If you can do 30 of HIIT cardio, that would be better for you and it speeds up your resting metabolic rate..................where most of you fat is burned.