Water Intake Question

Options
I know we are all supposed to drink 8-10 cups of water a day. Is it ok if I drink them all at one time?? I don't really think about drinking water till I'm sitting on here at night browsing the forums and stuff, but I've found the last 3 nights, that I can get down all 10 cups in about a 2 hr period. Is that ok??

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Your body cannot use that much at one time so you just pee it out xD Better to drink it through the day to stay hydrated :]
  • espn21
    espn21 Posts: 15
    Options
    I would defintly say try and space it out! Hydration is a huge part of health and fitness. I carry a small 12 oz. water bottle with me all the time. Fill it up every 2 hours or so and before you know it, youll have your 8 glasses down!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    two word, water bong!! :P not the one with the smoke in it = )
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. I drink 8 glasses over a span of 8 hours about 2 cups at a time, hope its not useless
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I find for myself if I always keep water handy I'll drink it..........be conscious about always having a glass/bottle of water by your side and it might be easier.
  • Hassiri
    Hassiri Posts: 35
    Options
    I feel like throwing up if I do that!
    And yep it is better to drink it during the day :)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    No don't do it
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. You don't actually have to drink that much water though, that's mainly just a plot to sell bottled water. It sounds a bit odd but most foods have water in them, so while it's a good idea to drink water (tea and coffee count too), you don't really have to force yourself to drink a lot of it.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have never been a water drinker until the last month or so. I honestly would drink 0 to 1, maybe 2 cups of water a day if I was lucky! I do drink alot of green tea but not plain water. Today I have already drank 11 CUPS!! My saving grace has been filling a huge cup(32oz) and drinking it through a straw. Sounds weird but if I use a straw I can drink alot more and I keep it on a counter that I walk past a thousand times a day. I can't believe how much better I feel in a hundred different ways. My body is thanking me!! Get yourself a big *kitten* cup and some straws!:drinker:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt you but, you'll be pissing a lot. It'll be better to space it out through the day. I drink 2 cups when i wake up 3-4 throughtout the day, 3-4 after a workout and 2-3 at night.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just do what your body asks for. If you feel thirsty then drink. I drink a lot but I don't have to force it, it helps me deal with cravings.