Beating Myself Up is Not Burning Any Calories

Options
I worked a 12 hour shift today on my feet. I was supposed to go to my bootcamp class, but I just felt tired and crappy and crampy. I didn't go. I am now just mentally berating myself for not going. I feel s guilty, its not like I had anything better to do!

Argh. Tomorrow is a new day I suppose, but I will have to work twice as hard.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I worked a 12 hour shift today on my feet. I was supposed to go to my bootcamp class, but I just felt tired and crappy and crampy. I didn't go. I am now just mentally berating myself for not going. I feel s guilty, its not like I had anything better to do!

Argh. Tomorrow is a new day I suppose, but I will have to work twice as hard.
    Happens. And sometimes you do what you think is best. Most people that get injured is because of lack of focus on what they are doing and being tired can do that.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Agree with Ninerbuff. Always listen to your body. If you don't have it in you don't try to force it.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    A missed class isn't a big deal, just don't make it a habit is all. I work 12+hr days so I know how you feel, just have to push through it is all.
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    Girl, let it go!!! Why feel guilty? You just worked 12 hours! Never let one bad day or one day where you didn't meet your goal derail you. You can't make up today, but you can set another goal for tomorrow. Take care of you. Relax and sleep well. Tomorrow is another day. :)
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    Happens. And sometimes you do what you think is best. Most people that get injured is because of lack of focus on what they are doing and being tired can do that.

totally agree!!!! I once did a step class kind of tired and I ended up spraining my ankle pretty bad!!! I couldn't go to the gym for 2 months...and even now I still have to ice my ankle after higher impact workouts...it's been 5 months! I think you did the RIGHT thing :)
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just worked my 2nd 12 hour shift in a row. Yesterday, I worked out and today, I had to just say no. I just don't think my poor legs and feet could take it. It's just one day, it will not make or break you :smile:
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Its true. I am already in bed (very early for me) signed up for a new class tomorrow. And will make it come hell or high water. I just felt drained today. but tomorrow is a new day!