A weak moment

Options
I was doing pretty well today, considering I hadn't been able to workout and had only gone over daily calories by 100. But I am sick and I was dealing with an emotional situation with a friend (all by text because I am unable to talk from the sickness. Had I been talking, my mouth would have been too busy to eat). Which left me home alone and letting everything get the best of me. I started binging a bit. Finding myself constantly in the kitchen opening the fridge and cupboard, grabbing snacks. I realized what I was doing and decided to go to bed to stop it. As I laid there, I realized that I was doing what I always did. If I do it when no one is around and no one figures it out, then it really didn't happen. So I got up and logged back in and proceeded to log in what I ate and air out the dirty secret to shed some light on it and hopefully banish it back to where it belongs. Luckily I seemed to have stopped myself fairly early and had only ate an additional 450 calories.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will be stronger. I will not turn to food to comfort me because I'm having a terrible day. I will recognize what I'm feeling rather than pretend it isn't happening. And I will tell someone what is happening before I step foot in the kitchen.

I love all the success stories. They help me when I'm having an off day and this was the first day that I have given in. Next time I will turn it around even earlier. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Accept, acknowledge, move on. Move on means to learn from it, and try to work out some strategies to deal with it next time.

That's all any of us can do.

*hugs*

GG
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good for you for recognizing what you were doing! You stopped and made plans for the next time. At least now you know what you doing during stressful situations and can head it off next time.
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was once caught eating cookies in the dark- that I had just baked at 3 in the morning by my youngest child- who was awaken by the smell wafting from the kitchen. There I stood amidst the sugary mess with my mouth so full I could barely speak, trying to explain to a (then) 4 year old why Mommy was eating cookies in the dark as if I would never eat another meal in life :blushing: . We all have weak moments the key is to actually learn from them.

Just the fact that you realized what you were doing and stopped shows that you have learned more than you knew before.
  • winslow44238
    Options
    I think we all have weak moments and it is hard sometimes to see what we are doing and even harder to form a workable plan to change. Congrats and thanks for sharing. It is inspiring.