wish i understood my body right now

Options
i wish i could understand my body right now............here's what's going on::::
~extra tired
~extra hungry
~less energy
~upset stomach/gut
~weird feelings

now that you know what's going on, let me say this, yeah i'm a girl, yeah i realize a lot of those symptoms can sound like pregnancy, yeah i'm on birth control - IUD, yeah i know it can fail.

so, i don't know if it's my body trying to take some rest days, or go on strike for a few days from my almost 4 months on MFP. i don't think it's pregnancy, even though it does sound A LOT like that, and the thought does cross my mind, specially since i want more kids yet.

i just don't know what to think anymore right now about my body.......ARG!

what do you think?

Replies

• becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    could also be blood sugar issues?
    I was super tired, gaining weight, shaky, starving all the time ended up being my blood sugar
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I just checked out your food log and I am definitely not an expert on this, but it might just be your food choices! I have noticed that on some days my body became extra sleepy and sluggish after eating particularly refined carbs, but I still couldn't be sure. Your food log shows less fruits and veggies than you "should" be getting! Maybe try mixing some more of those into your daily routine, chicken strips, cheeses, muffins and such being in a typical day could easily be swapped out for veggies, fruits, maybe a salad. Try it out, it may not be the answer but it can't hurt!

Good luck sweetie, I know how it feels when you have NO energy :(
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies. i do try to get veggies and fruits when i can. right now, it's eat what we have in the house cause of lack of $ for what i REALLY want/need. i so wish healthier food was less expensive!
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i feel you on that
    for me it was eating smaller meals more frequently
    very small changes but i feel so much better :)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This was me! My friend put me on a 3 day sugar detox. No sweets. Only sugars found in natural foods (fruit and vege) and sauces and condiments in moderation. I hated it the first day and a half. But the second portion was great. I leveled off and had no energy spikes or lows and no cravings!
  • Laasen
    Laasen Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with the post about the refined carbs... they tend to spike your blood sugar giving you a temporary jolt of energy and heightened mood, and then you crash and feel extra tired/hungry etc. Maybe try replacing cereals and cookies with things like oatmeal and yams. (mixing oatmeal, berries chocolate protein powder tastes just like cookies... but without the blood sugar spike and drop, and is wayyy more filling! :) ).

I also tend to have the same symptoms when I push my body too hard. What I found helped was taking a day off and resting; one day was usually enough to feel energized and happy again.

And yeah, its a total shame that healthy food is so expensive.. it's so backwards.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I really hope not but maybe you're getting sick? It's that time of year! Sometimes if there's a bug going around & you catch it but don't show full symptoms (ex: cough, sneezing ect) but you're body is still in the process of fighting it so it doesn't go into a full blown flu or cold. I would listen to your body & take it easy & like someone said fill up on good stuff.. Veggie soup sounds like it could do the trick & it's cheap! :)
  • cwyatt1119
    Options
    one thing that stood out to me from your post was the "iud". I had the mirena and it made me feel like crap....my periods were irregular and it always felt like I was in the midst of pms...fatigue, hungry, moody, etc. so it could be the iud babygirl. i had mine removed a year ago and it took me six months just to feel somewhat normal again....
  • cwyatt1119
    Options
    oh and i was always bloated and hair was growing out of my chin like crazy...and i wanted to eat junk alllll the time!
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    I feel you too. There r so many factors that can make u feel more tired and to add the lack of cash flow for the things u truly need makes it even harder. So this is what I did.... Rather than buying lunch I packed lunch and logged how much money I saved and at the end of the month I would use that money I saved to buy what I needed....lean protein and multi-vitamins. I basically minimized my spending to nothing to save as much as I could.

As for feeling tired...are you taking a multi-vitamin? That might help. Also, lots and lots of water. Something else to think about r meals higher in protein. I personally found that out. Once I changed my protein intake (egg whites for breakfast and lots of chic hen) and minimized carbs I stopped having those afternoon/ after meal crashes.

I hopes this helps. GOOD LUCK!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @ cwyatt1119 - i absolutely LOVE my iud. it has actually made my TOM so much easier. i like it better then i ever did with the pill....so i think that one is staying :D lol

thanks for the other suggestions everyone. i may have to get myself some vitamins. i didn't even think of that. and i could possibly still be getting over the cold i had a few weeks ago. i'm hoping that everything just kinda levels off within the next week.

thanks again for the thoughts and ideas everyone.