Weekend Help

Options
Does anyone have any tips for the weekend?

My biggest problem is I'm not willing to give up going out for drinks, and alcohol has a lot of calories. Also, we stay up later so I get hungry again.

Then there's also the problem with tracking, since we're on the go and not near the Internet. Along with the lack of set meal times.

I'm in the maintenance phase, which means I feel like I don't have a calorie to spare without going back up, and I feel like I eat only when I'm hungry and use up all my calories on regular food - longer nights and drinks puts me over the edge.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Replies

• July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips for the weekend?

My biggest problem is I'm not willing to give up going out for drinks, and alcohol has a lot of calories. Also, we stay up later so I get hungry again.

Then there's also the problem with tracking, since we're on the go and not near the Internet. Along with the lack of set meal times.

I'm in the maintenance phase, which means I feel like I don't have a calorie to spare without going back up, and I feel like I eat only when I'm hungry and use up all my calories on regular food - longer nights and drinks puts me over the edge.

Any tips would be appreciated!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i defintiely feel ya on this one

my friends like to drink and *shock* i do to :drinker:

i find making myself do a workout :sick: not only releases the toxins from drinking it also burns some of those extra calories:happy:

it also helps to get in the habit of looking for lower calorie/sugar drinks

and alternating them waters

cheers!!!:drinker:
  • Hodgsonp
    Hodgsonp Posts: 5
    Options
    I work out harder on the weekends to allow me some extra calories. At the very least I can maintain my wieght even if I don't lose any!

Good luck, week ends are the hardest.
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    I have 2 suggestions, hope they help. For tracking on the go, I use my cellphone. I just use the notepad feature under tools to jot down what I ate, then add up when I get home. For most cell phone companies you can get an application that does calorie counting even if you don't have a smartphone. Verizon has one called Diet Fitness Diary and the Iphone has one too. This can help you keep track easily, and most will let you email it to yourself. :wink:

As for the staying up later and getting hungry, boy do I get that problem. The best help I have found is to start dealing with it in the morning. When you are tracking breakfast, add in a high protein snack, and then save it for later. Eat that at the end of the night, and it will help keep you full to sleep, without feeling guilty or frustrated.

Good Luck, keep it going!
    164022.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter