To my Apple Shaped Girls!

Options
Im hoping to find a support group for the ladies that have the complete opposite of what most women have problems with. Its not easy not having any real curves, and still be fat! Its kinda nice to never have to undo a pair of jeans in order to slip them on, but to have such a muffin top really hurts! So I thought i would put an olive branch out to the other girls who have this body shape as well, so we can motivate and support each other as we try and take a bite out of our apples!

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My apple sister! I feel your pain!

although i am midway through this journey and losing weight kind of irregularly and sort of am potato shaped.

I am not hating on my body shape though. I have a strong core and i feel good :)
  • kiwianjel
    kiwianjel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My hand is up! Although i think i may be a pear I have a muffin I am trying to get rid of .. aim to tone, hips, thighs. stomach, butt and arms .. but beofer the toning can happen I have to lose the fat sitting above the muscles i know are there somewhere lol
    I would love to join you on this journey :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lol i'm not sure what i am apple and pear all in one can't tell still my body is changing shape at all sorts of rates who knows how its gonna end up!!...probally like the blob :laugh:
    good idea for the group tho good luck x
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    For the most part of my life, reguardless of how overweight I was (This isnt new, I have never been "regular weight" all the way back to grade 4 I was picked on for it) Ive always had somewhat great legs. They have been tiny compared to the rest of me. But my stomach! Jeepers you would think it was the bottom layer of an icecream cone! Its great to find others to be able to support together and laugh together!
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am definately round, all around. Just started my journey to marginally less apple shapedness. I had to laugh about taking off pants without having to undo them. This is sooooooo me. Finding pants that fit has been a challenge for sure.
  • mrsclairelucas
    Options
    Me too, especially the trousers part!
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Damn girl, I feel you!!! I hate buying pants because the legs are always huge but the waist is tight causing extreme muffin top!!! UGH! So frustrating. I am 30 lbs down (actually 1.5 lbs away) And i still find this problem with my pants, probably always will. But it's not as bad as it was (thankfully) if any of you need a support buddy or anything feel free to add me or msg me :)
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple shape too. I am glad I have a friend that knows what I am going through. Muffin tops suck!!!! And I know my belly (and my boobs) will be the last things to go away.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i hear you!!

i've NEVER had a flat tummy, even when i was much lighter on the scales.

any apples suffer from back fat?

my legs and arms are relatively skinny but BOOM! the middle is overflowing.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am a definate apple, all my clothes dangle off my bum and legs and wont fasten over the dreaded belly. I amactually lower than my original goal of 140lb, as I realise its going to take a whole lot more to get rid of my belly, it actually just looks bigger as I lose weight.
  • Dragongrl
    Options
    i hear you!!

i've NEVER had a flat tummy, even when i was much lighter on the scales.

any apples suffer from back fat?

my legs and arms are relatively skinny but BOOM! the middle is overflowing.

Back fat all the way!!!! LOL.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you have to keep pulling your pants/shorts up (like me), because your stomach keeps pushing them down you know your an apple!!! LOL This is too funny~ Last wk at the library, i came accross the book "Apple & Pears", written by Marie Savard, M.D. with Carol Svec and am really enjoying it. So informative! I've always known it was more dangerous health wise if we carry a spare tire, around our gut, but have learned alot of new stuff~ for instance, menopause is easier on us apple girls (YEAH)... and alot of "pears" become "apples" after menopause. So i hope they enjoy their waists while they have one!!! LOL
  • Dragongrl
    Options
    I have to wear scrubs at work. I used to buy the ones with the draw string but no longer. They were constantly slipping off at work when I gained all the weight. :O Thank God for lab coats or I would've given my patients a show!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've been an apple all my life, it runs in my family! I actually think I used to look like a weeble wobble... remember those toys??? Anyway, I liked my legs, I have NO butt, and I never saw a waist... until I lost 50 pounds!!!!! Now I have a waist and my tummy is SO much flatter, mind you I still have one (working on losing that) but it's so nice to be the "tiny" one!!!! My legs are smoking now with all the running and lifting I do, but that dreaded tummy is slowly going down. I love that my muffin top has disappeared as well, it can be done! Just keep going!!!!

I'm 10 pounds lower than I thought I would stop at.... would like another 5, but we'll see how it goes! We can do this, girls!!!! To our health!!!!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I remember the Weeble-Wobbles (child of the 70's!). Funny thing is, they're making a comeback, and have been relaunched recently! I guess the good news is that we won't fall down? :laugh:

I'm also an apple / Weeble-Wobble. My arms/legs have very little fat on them. When I was pregnant, people who saw me from behind has no idea because I was all belly. The problem is that after the babies, my big belly was even BIGGER!! I've lost some weight, so back fat is almost gone, but I still have the "double" spare tire around the middle in the front !! I'm like a triple bump: boobs, then the upper muffin top, followed by the under-belly button bulge. :embarassed:
  • starscreensiren
    starscreensiren Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Apple over here as well! Had to giggle when you mentioned the thing about slipping on your jeans. It's nice to know your not the only one! :)
  • 70kilo
    70kilo Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't know what a weeble-wobble is, have to look that up if we have had them in the Netherlands, but I certainly know what you all mean with having now waist. Today I had to pull up my pants all day and I just started my journey for a healthy live this week, so I definitely know it isn't that I've lost wait! :laugh: I must be an apple!