150 days later, passed my goal!! (pics)

Options
In a way, this post is my own little NSV. When I first signed up for MFP I looked at the success stories daily and thought "I can't wait to post my own one day." And here I am!!!

I've been overweight my whole life. And while I always knew I needed to lose weight, I never tried hard enough. And honestly, I didn't really care enough to. I wasn't dedicated or motivated enough to ever get my eating under control or get a real work out. Earlier this year a friend of mine encouraged me to join a fitness challenge with her. I was just about to graduate college and I wanted to do it. I convinced myself that I was going to stick to this meal plan and work out every day. I was done being fat. I started on May 1, 2011 at 165 pounds.

IMG952555.jpg

I ate healthy, high protein, low carb, just smarter food choices in general, lots more fruits and vegetables, and NO JUNK FOOD. On top of that, I worked out every single day. I was working out with a trainer twice a week, and started the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I was surprised that I got through all 30 days. Even after that was done, I kept working out every day. I also started the C25K. My ultimate goal is to participate in some sort of mud run just to prove to myself that I CAN do it.

Graduation came and I needed to buy a dress. I went to the store not knowing what size I was. I started at a 14 and thought I'd at least be a 12 by then. I picked up a 10 and it fit! So that was a month and a half into it and I had already lost 15 pounds and dropped 2 sizes. After that, all I know is that my clothes slowly started getting smaller and smaller along with the number on the scale. My goal was to 130 pounds by the end of summer, and only 2 days into fall, not only did I reach my goal, but I PASSED IT!!

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG-20111004-00439.jpg

IMG-20111004-00435.jpg

I feel SO amazing. I've finally accomplished something I never thought I'd be able to do. And I definitely wouldn't be here without my friend's support. I can't wait to lose some more weight and tone up. I want that 6 pack damnit!! :P

Replies

• MommaGrover
    MommaGrover Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You look incredible! I'm so happy for you.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did that fast, and properly.

Congrats on actually doing EXACTLY what you had set out to.

Great inspiration to other girls who are in a similar situation.

:drinker:
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
    i really like that turquoise dress too.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great job
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! Thats really awesome that your accomplish your goals beyond what you had in site to achieve! Great job! :)
  • Skinnieminnie128
    Skinnieminnie128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful:-) Great work! Your story is inspiring...I have to lose almost as much as you have already:-) Keep it up!!!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!
  • alexsgal
    Options
    that is awesome! great job!!
  • fabalas_seanne
    Options
    AMAZING :) well done
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss!! You look fabulous!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you look great, now go get some badass sexy, stfu clothes...you deserve it!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! You look so happy. I'm so happy for you and proud of you!!! Thanks a ton for sharing. WOW :flowerforyou:
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..you look awesome!
  • ijessieb
    ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I just looked at Ari and said "whoa, I don't even remember her looking like this anymore!!" in regards to your before picture, you've definitely kicked that chicka to the curb!!! and you just inspired me to set my alarm 30 minutes earlier so I can get in a quick morning workout before work. *hugs* I'm so proud of you and thanks for always being the encouragement I need :)
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You look so good,...I love that blue dress btw it looks like it was made for you. Congrats !
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long but it's amazing how many years younger people look after losing a significant amount of weight.

I'm also amazed that women are willing to post pics in their undies.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Amazing change! Well done!
  • KickinBooty
    Options
    Way to go! So nice to see all the success stories and feel like this time it will actually happen. :happy:
  • alta818
    alta818 Posts: 12
    Options
    Great Job! Looking good~!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!