CRAVINGS!!

Options
Hi mfp! I'm really struggling with intense cravings esp in the evenings. How does everyone else go on?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I generally have a little bit of whatever I'm craving (usually chocolate) and make it last. :) Not having too much junk food at home really help too!
  • mazzyw65
    Options
    Thank you, I'm a chocoholic too, btw, and find it really tough xx
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    I like to eat carrots as snacks lol, just raw..
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm a chocoholic too, btw, and find it really tough xx

Just make sure it fits in your calories goal!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Unless your goal is to cut them out completely, just make sure that you save some calories for your evening snacks and think hard before you have one to make sure it's what you REALLY want (or at least that it won't leave you regretting "wasting" your calories).

I plan everything that I'm going to eat the day before. This way, I end up thinking about whatever evening snack I've planned (pudding, chocolate, etc.) and that's what I end up craving, so I get to eat what I'm craving without going over my calories (usually). Good luck--the evenings have always been my most challenging time of day, too.
  • hartsgirl
    Options
    I also love chocolate. I have found the weight watcher "skinny cows" ice cream has helped take care of my cravings. (150 calories) I love them and as long as I save the calories for them, I don't feel bad about eating them. They are delicious and I recommend them to everyone! Good luck, I know it's very hard when the craving won't go away.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    As well as the skinny cow ice creams already mentioned, how about a low cal hot chocolate drink when you're craving chocolate? I find the creamy warmth makes me feel more satisfied.
  • kwaddell1987
    kwaddell1987 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    id liek to know this too, i would even go as far as sneaking to eat junk so my family doesnt think im nuts for caving into my cravings, i need some advice on what i can substitute
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    I have a low cal hot chocolate (as someone has already mentioned) i find it helps with my sweet tooth cravings and is also fairly filling. Normally i go between options or cadburys highlights. Calories depend on flavour but all seem to be around 40 cals per serving.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares.... yumm! I find that just a little square can help that craving and it's actually good for you! I have had a tough couple of days myself (like a hollow leg!) so I've made sure to have healthy snacks with me at work so I am not so famished at night... hope that helps! That being said, I agree.. work in your food cravings in your calorie allotment and you'll stay right on track!!
  • Lorraineh13
    Options
    Check out www.bordenmethod.com

This has changed my life!! I was eating 1 or 2 chocolates EVERY DAY. I listen to 20 minutes relaxation every morning .... and have not LOOKED for a chocolate since starting this program. I have been a chocolateholic all my life ... would be CONSTANTLY THINKING about food all day ... even after consuming a huge meal .. would be wondering what I would eat NEXT.

I am now having to MAKE myself eat more as MFP keeps telling me I have not eaten enough each day !!

I was very sketpical .. but have to admit ... it works.
  • talilakay2
    talilakay2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it's a BAD idea to try and have a little bit of what you're craving, as I can never just stop at that. If 'm craving biscuits, then trying to eat just one is TORTURE! And then i end up eating the whole pack anyway!

So my alternative is to ban the high sugar/high calorie snacks like chocolates, biscuits and ice cream, and replace them with healthier options! Such as:

- Alpen Light bars instead of chocolate (the choc. & fudge ones are great).
    - Cereals, such as Cheerios or Weetabix (if you're after a sugar-fix, add some honey on top of Weetabix) instead of biscuits.
    - Yoghurts instead of ice cream. (if you put them in the freezer for a couple hours you'll hardly know the difference!) I find the Activia Fat Free yoghurts are nice, and even though they're smaller then Muller Light, they are more satisfying as they're creamier.
    - Babybel Light cheese is nice for a quick fix

I find this works for me, as I don't feel guilty, and I am getting my calories from a much healthier source. I think you can eat 3 Alpen Light bars and it still count as fewer calories then a regular chocolate bar. And you will definitely feel fuller for longer!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I buy the chocolate that comes individually wrapped or buttons and freeze them. It gives you a lovely chocolate hit that lasts for ages. 40 calories to quell a craving is well worth it.
    x
  • mazzyw65
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies and good luck on your weight loss journeys xx
  • PreciousMissy
    Options
    Buy them one at a time! If you want chocolate buy one of the Lindor chocolates. That will help to satiate your craving (at least it does me, lol) plus you won't have any to say "one more wouldn't hurt"...it will take a lot of effort to have one more. Then log it. If you give in and have another 1 or 2 (or 10) then log those too.