Weight change on different scales

Options
So wednesday is my weigh in day! And last week (well sunday) I moved back to my home town after a messed up relationship, well anyway my eatings been of track crazily I had a chinese the day before I moved and roughly 1500 calories a day since last friday, so 5 days later I thought i'd best get myself kicked into things and checked the scales - which lovingly put me in at 198lb, I was 201 last weeks weigh in day so, IMO it's probably the different scales I'm using thats giving me the weight loss.

But do I track it in? I'll only be using these scales from now on but I guess it feels like I'm kinda cheating. I don't see how I could of lost 3lb by over eating my calories. But since I'll be here for a while now I should go by these scales and it seems silly adding 3lb on every time?

Does this make sense to anyone and what would you do? Just go from previous weight and add it on or just accept it as a loss and be happy?

Oh and my weight loss has been pretty steady at 2lb a week since I started so the extra pound is even more unlikely!

Replies

• KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be using these ones regularly from now on, maybe just leave it. If you had started with those scales you would have started 3lb lighter anyway!!! Or maybe aim to lose another 3lb at the end? Just a thought. You might also have lost some weight with stress? Wishing you all the best as it sounds like you have had a rough few weeks.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If this is the scale that you plan on using from now on, then to be consistent, log this loss and keep moving forward using that particular scale. I mean, if you wait a week or 2 and weigh in again on that scale, it will be even lower anyway, wouldn't it?

Don't add anything to the number, just go with the number. Stay consistent on that scale starting with this most recent weight.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Oh i've had a rough few years Kit!! But thank you!! Things can only get better!

And yeah these will be the scales I'll be using from now on, same spot too!
  • Lorraineh13
    Options
    Smiling as I read your message. I have been kidding myself for 10 years with scales that weighed 4 kilos light .. LOVED those scales .. and so did everyone who weighed on them. I know they were 4 ks light as I compared with Jenny Craig scales. However ... truth time .. I bought some new scales this week and ditched my old ones ... lol but in my MIND I keep taking off those 4 ki's when I weigh myself now .... However I did the right thing and went back on MFP and changed my weight on day one to my REAL weight .. so am tracking right now. But I agree with the person previous .. just keep tracking on the scales you are now using if you are going to be using them from now on,. good luck.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    How about putting something on the scale that you know the weight of, like a dumbell or... LOL a package of meat like 2 pounds or something. just to see if it weighs the same as what the weight you put on it is... I tested my food scale and my new scale with a 5 pound dumbell and they both were right on to the ounce.
  • gel91
    Options
    thats a good idea, could use my food scales to get the reading then weighing scales to see if it matches

thanks! will get onto that in a minute!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    i don' know where you are but in england if you go to boots the chemist they have weighing scales that are
    checked often so you could weigh yourself on these and compare, i do this quite often to make sure my scales are o.k.
    they also give you your BMI
  • gel91
    Options
    just outside london and yeah i was planning on going there once a month to keep hold of the tickets for a keepsake of my journey :)