weekend binging - help!!!

Options
hi everyone

im very good at eating healthily and exercising loads thru the week but as soon as the weekend starts, im always out for meals/drinks/working and dont seem to jave the time or motivation to keep following the plan, then i just spend all the next week trying to lose what i put on that weekend! help!!!

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You may find it helps to "store up" some extra cals throughout the week, like not eating all of your exercise cals until the weekend. Some people zig zag their calories anyway, you may want to look into that. it's just a way of not eating the same amount every day, but ending up with the same total calories in a week. That way you can plan some of those weekend meals and drinks in!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    why don't you schedule a big work out for weekend mornings? helps put you in the negative right off the bat.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I agree with Moushtie! It is the week's calorie count that matters. Saving calories for the weekend makes you feel better than having to reduce calories because of last weekend but probably works out the same in the end.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have my hen party this weekend, so I'm going to get up early on Saturday and do 30 DS and yoga, get a butt load of water into my body, and eat small but sensible meals during the day. Then, when all hell breaks loose later on at least I'll have done some good during the day! :)
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Perhaps applying all that you do during the week to your weekends might help...If you're making great choices during the week, make mostly great choices while you're out. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment and strength. And if you drink, alternate a glass of water between alcholic drinks to slow down the calorie intake.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I spend all week 'collecting' cals for my pizza or what ever take away...
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally do the same :tongue: probably why I'm staying the same (at least it's not going up)
    I've tried to plan some exercise for the mornings but I love my bed too much :blushing:
    think I'm going to get a training buddy and hopefully because the other person is relying on me it'll help with the motivation.
    good luck, I hope you find what works for you and I'll keep you posted if I find a solution :drinker:
    x
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Thank god someone else is the same!!!!!!!!!! I spend the weekends regretting what I eat.

I am sooooooo good during the week, exercising 3-4 times also. I don't get to exercise at the gym at the weekends and the weather has been so awful here, I haven't been able to get out for a walk after the kids go to bed.

I spend the whole of monday regretting that I didn't drink enough water and stick with my healthy eating. It's just so tempting having the kids things there for me to pick at as I get treats in for them. I also don't cook dinner during the week so the weekends I cook and make something nice for dessert too. It's family time.

I don't beat myself up about it too much though. We do so well during the week, one day blow-outs are ok. I try and be healthy one weekend day and treat myself the next. I don't eat back all my exercise cals during the week (sometimes I have 600 cals left over for 1 day x 3 = 1800 cals to play with) so feel I can indulge at the weekend.

That's my excuse anyway!!!!
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! think just cos last weekend was especially bad! shudnt b as bad this weekend, wrkin all weekend again so wont b out drinking, wrk shifts and early one starts at 6.30 so exercise b4 wrk is out! il just have to b more strict with myself!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    don't think of it as being strick with yourself. think of it as being good to yourself.
  • jackiemonx
    Options
    yeah, i just need to try and get motivated!!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club/diet soda with lemon/lime or tequila on the rocks, if you are brave. Get drinks that are strong enough and not too sweet so that you end up drinking them much slower. Go for thin crust pizza's minus the meat. Also I like to fill up on low calorie veggies before I head out so that I am less tempted. Eat a plate of bell pepper slices/baby carrots/celery and hummus. Also wear clothes that aren't very forgiving (nothing baggy) so that you are less likely to eat or drink too much for fear of looking bloated in your clothes.
  • jackiemonx
    Options
    yeah im goin to need to start drinkin spirits the whole nite instead of drinkin a few beer or wine first! il try bettrr thus week!