how much did u lose to drop a dress size?

Options
Im asking this because i am 30lbs down, and only two pairs of my trousers are loose!! i wasnt wearing clothes that were too tight before (size 16) but im still pretty much a size 16!! so annoying. did anyone else have this problem?

im 166.5lbs now, want to get to 130. 5 foot 4- is it because im short????

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 50lbs, down 3 sizes. I think I lost my first size after about 20lbs.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. It took me 30 lbs to lose a pant size. I am either thinking I was totally wearing the wrong size before, or maybe that I wasnt doing enough strenth training to tighten up.
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and 159lb now and I'm now a size 12...go figure...I drop about a dress size a stone but depends on how much exercise I'm doing because toning means I am smaller than I was last time I was this weight :)
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    I had to stop trying to fit into a new dress size.................my wife said she'd kick my butt if I tried that :P

You're all doing amazing keep up the great effort and you'll fit any piece of clothing you choose to.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sadly for me, I'm 62lbs down and still in the same dress size, although it is feeling loose on me now. I haven't tried to go one size lower yet, maybe a few more pounds.

Probably because I was sooooooo big to start with??!!
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30lbs before I dropped a pant size.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    At 164 lbs I was a size 14. Now at 131 lbs I'm a comfortable 8 and can fit into some size 6. I'm sure I moved to a 10 after about 10-15 lbs then to an 8 after another 10 lbs or so.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    I dropped my first size at around 30# and then my second size went at 40#. I'm currently at 46# and I can feel that I'm slowly approaching the next size.

Hang in there girl !
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on where you lost the weight. I am 5'5" and started out in a size 12 at 167 lbs. About 10 lbs lighter, I was in a size 8. Everyone's shape is different and we hold fat in different areas of our bodies so, it is difficult to compare yourself with others.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that some brands are cut differently. It took me awhile to drop a size, I don't remember how much, but I'm down 66 and I went from an unrealistic 20 (meaning I should have been in 22s) to a 14. My 16s still fit but they're loose, and the 14s fit but they're a little snug.

I know you said they didn't fit tight, but is it possible they didn't fit the way they were supposed to? I didn't think my clothes were tight, but they really were, or you were between sizes.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Dress sizes are 2 inches, It takes 20lb for me to lose 2 inches from my bust and hips, and 10lb to lose the same from my waist! So overall 20lb to really drop a dress size. I hear it gets easier to drop dress sizes the lighter you get!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs so far, and I'm down 4 dress sizes in pants, 3 in upper body clothing.
    I suppose I lost that many inches because I'm working out with a personal trainer who makes me do quite a lot of strength training and muscle building exercise.
  • 2dogmom
    2dogmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started @ 203# and dropped down a size after about 15-20 pounds. Now at 173# I am very close to going down another size into 16. I have some size 16 I can wear, but others I can't depending on the brand. I do more weight lifting and toning than cardio and have noticed that I won't loose any weight at all, but my pants get more & more loose.
  • Teddyaderwich
    Teddyaderwich Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    30lbs is a very good weightloss to date - it must be disappointing not to be dropping the clothes sizes - but hopefully they fit much better - and with waistbands loosening am sure you will be down a size soon.
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, when I went from size 12 pants to size 10, it was 20 lbs loss. And I have read in several places that 1 size = 12 lbs.
  • secretsof2113
    Options
    When I started at 296, I was a size 22 pant, and wore men's XXL shirts. I just hit 231, and can now fit into some 16 jeans, and mens XL shirts are starting to get too big on me. I'm a tall girl, so I think a lot of my weight was spread out. I'd love to ultimately get down to a size 10. Got a ways to go, but I am making progress!
  • vea2510
    vea2510 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went from a sz 18 to 12 or 10 in pants and from XL to M in tops. My SW was 203, CW 168 and GW 140-145.