Hi from South London

Options
Hello there!
My name is Julie and I live in South London. I am currently one of those with not so much to lose, just a little bit of shaping up to do now at the end :) Maybe mainly to prove to myself that I can do it.
I work in a gym as a personal trainer, and I would love to help out if anyone has got any questions about exercise or general diet tips :)

Replies

• katepolden
    Options
    Hey sounds awsome.
    :happy: I'm in Sarf London too and don't have that much to loose but enough to make it a challange. I just got turned down from the Marathon which is a bummer as I was going to use that as my big motivation. Any ideas on another good local challange?
    K
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    Hi there, its my 'Day 3' been to the gym (which I don't normally do) and finding it hard at the moment but hopefully will get easier!!

My sister in law lost lots using this and recommended it, someone told me to following: 'Fruit isnt a free food and has quite a lot of calories compared to veg so it's not always the best thing for losing weight. One tip I have is to try and incorporate some low fat dairy, like skimmed milk or yoghurt into each meal, as this is supposed to absorb other fats' hope this helps!!
  • juniormince
    Options
    Hey hanging out in the south too. Any help would be appreciated. I lost 2.5 stone a while ago and have just purely on a plateau. This is due to half an eye on the game half an eye on having loads of fun and meeting firends for dinner , drinks , being hungover. My target was to lose a stone by the 20th , but again ...having too much fun.
    Im wondering what you can suggest output/ time/ intensity that is going to burn circa 1000 calories in the gym a day. And then what plan food wise can i follow that is going to keep me energised and burning fat ( i cant cut out too much fun i have birthdays anf parties coming out of my ears in the next 8 weeks) thanks in advance for any help you can give.
  • juliesst
    Options
    Well done on the 2,5 stone!!
    I wouldn't recommend burning off 1000 kcal pr. day in the gym only. A combination of a good diet and exercise should be plenty enough :) If you manage to stay on about -500 kcals of your daily need you will lose about a pound a week, which is the suggested rate anyway.
    What kind of things do you currently do at the gym? Maybe a pulse watch can help you keep track over what kind of intensity you are going at when you are exercising?
    Also, and I guess you know this, diet is so important. If you keep making choices to have the worse options at meals with friends, going out drinking every week etc. then losing weight will be harder for you.

With lots of social things planned though, what might help you is being very good through the whole week, and then not binging too much in the actual social happening. If you go out for a meal, there are options that are better than others :) you don't need to be perfect, just make sure your choices are conscious and that you aim for a balance between diet and exercise. Going to the gym 3 times a week would be recommended, or the cliche of 30 minutes of daily activity ;)
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Feel free to add me. I'm from Kent, going to be working in London soon! xx