Is it working?

Options
im losing weight super slow like 1lb every 2week,
but my body shape is changing and people can tell im getting slimmer.
so whats going on will one day i lose more weight in a week .

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Would you rather gain weight?

You didn't gain weight overnight, you def shouldn't expect to lose weight over night.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may be building muscle...it weighs more than fat =) Be patient...as long as your eating right and exercising regularly, the rest will come =)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. You are more likely to keep it off.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may be building muscle...it weighs more than fat =) Be patient...as long as your eating right and exercising regularly, the rest will come =)

No it doesn't. Most people won't build that much muscle.

However, no diary for food means we can't help you.
  • awkwwward
    Options
    Weight loss isn't meant to be the quickest or easiest thing you ever do. It takes time - a lot of it. Some bodies lose weight slower than others, some lose weight faster. Every body is different and that's a large part of the "game." If you've been losing weight...it is "working." If your body is shaping...it is "working." You might never lose weight at a quicker rate or you might have a "magical" 3 pound weight loss week. The time it takes to the end of the road isn't what matters - all that matters is that you stay focused on getting there. Whether that is a month from now or 16 months from now, you'll make it at your body's own pace.
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    Weight loss isn't meant to be the quickest or easiest thing you ever do. It takes time - a lot of it. Some bodies lose weight slower than others, some lose weight faster. Every body is different and that's a large part of the "game." If you've been losing weight...it is "working." If your body is shaping...it is "working." You might never lose weight at a quicker rate or you might have a "magical" 3 pound weight loss week. The time it takes to the end of the road isn't what matters - all that matters is that you stay focused on getting there. Whether that is a month from now or 16 months from now, you'll make it at your body's own pace.

Well said!!! If you're noticing a difference when you look in the mirror and ppl are noticing it...IT IS WORKING! Be patient and let your body do its thing. You're on the right track!!!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    does the number on the scales really matter

if people are noticing a difference and you are happy with how you are doing (using nsv as markers)
    then all is well
    its when we expect to see the numbers going down that problems often occur with self esteem etc and feelings of inadequacy of not doing well - if people are noticing you are doing brilliantly
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    I was HUGE on numbers when I first started, so once I hit a snag it really hurt my motivation. Once I stopped weighing myself and concentrated on exercise and eating right, my diet no longer felt like a diet. I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks and could really honestly care less what the number says at this point. I get compliments and I FEEL better. That's all that really matters. Everyone is different and it's a slow process. Start to enjoy the journey and you won't be as stressed.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't. Most people won't build that much muscle.

You're right...I didn't mean to post that part....but I am correct about the eating right and exercising regularly =)
  • anna2709
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - I have lost just 7 pounds in 6 weeks, and haven't lost at all (in fact I gained a pound!) over the past 2 weeks....BUT people are starting to comment that I have lost weight, I see more definition in my shape and my trousers are definitely looser!! So all good stuff. So I am now only going to weigh myself once a month on the day I take my measurements, but keep up the exercise/eating plan I have been doing, and I KNOW it will pay off. Stick with it - weight, like age, is only a number!
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm actually pretty happy losing about 1lb a week or a bit less. It doesn't feel like I am working that hard at it, which since it needs to be a permanent lifestyle change, is much preferred. I think a lot of the times I have rejected making an effort on weight loss is because I was being pushed by people who are obsessed with it and try every fad diet and generally just make themselves miserable.

What I find is that I will have a series of 3-4 good days where I come in way below my calorie mark, largely due to exercising a lot and I i will lose a lb. Then I might have 1-2 bad days like a family dinner or something where I can't accurately keep track and don't get any exercise unless sitting in the car cursing at other drivers counts.

If my eventual goal is 80 lbs. There is really no choice but to do this really slowly.