P90X Lean and BBL

Options
Hi everyone!

This topic will be more for me to write about my experience and keep myself on track than anything else, but I welcome anyone who has questions or would like a copy of the schedule I made myself.

As a background, I'm 27 and have done a round of both P90X Lean and Brazil Butt Lift. I basically failed both about 3/4 of the way through because I got bored. There are aspects of both programs that I really enjoyed though, P90X forces yourself to better everytime but BBL focuses on your butt and as a pear shaped woman that was really important for me.

Having not worked out in two months I started back up yesterday with Core Synergistics. I created a program for myself that I think is realistic and combines both programs into one. I also changed it so that I have two rest days a week instead of one. I think that break mid week is what will allow me to conitnue on without feeling like I'm devoting my entire life to exercise!

Tonight is Cardio Axe and although I'm sore from yesterday I'm looking forward to completing this program!

Heather

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am like you i get bored. I have many different programs and dvds and equipment but i cant stick to just one so I try to mix it up. I just need to start doing it more, I also have been slacking for the past month or 2.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This topic will be more for me to write about my experience and keep myself on track than anything else, but I welcome anyone who has questions or would like a copy of the schedule I made myself.

As a background, I'm 27 and have done a round of both P90X Lean and Brazil Butt Lift. I basically failed both about 3/4 of the way through because I got bored. There are aspects of both programs that I really enjoyed though, P90X forces yourself to better everytime but BBL focuses on your butt and as a pear shaped woman that was really important for me.

Having not worked out in two months I started back up yesterday with Core Synergistics. I created a program for myself that I think is realistic and combines both programs into one. I also changed it so that I have two rest days a week instead of one. I think that break mid week is what will allow me to conitnue on without feeling like I'm devoting my entire life to exercise!

Tonight is Cardio Axe and although I'm sore from yesterday I'm looking forward to completing this program!

Heather

Good luck! I know this isn't what you were looking for, but ChaLEAN Extreme is one of the best overall programs. It works your upper and lower body evenly and it has two rest days built into the program. Just my 2 cents....
  • fitcanuck
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I have looked at ChaLEAN but wanted to force myself to commit to something before I invested in more DVD sets. I love the way BBL works your butt though lol!

Last night was a good night and I stayed within my calorie alotment. Things are going to be tough going into Thanskgiving weekend but I think i'll be fine. It helps having dinner at our place this year - I know exactly what I'm eating!

Tonight is Shoulders and Arms - I'm a little sore from the pushups in Core Syn on Monday but i'll push through.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • fitcanuck
    Options
    Well I made it past thanksgiving weekend! Past the desert, pumpkin pie, wine and birthday cake - it was my dad's birthday too.
    Despite all of that I still managed to lose a pound! I'm quite proud of myself for that, especially since i'm bloated right now and retaining water - thank you mother nature! sigh.

I did Bum Bum last night. I forgot how difficult that DVD is. The moves themselves really aren't that hard but it such a fast paced DVD the cardio aspect is quite difficult. All in all a good workout though, my bum bum was on fire! Tonight I have more cardio with Cardio X.

1 week down 12 to go. My short term goal is to get to 155 by Nov. 1st.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Well I made it past thanksgiving weekend! Past the desert, pumpkin pie, wine and birthday cake - it was my dad's birthday too.
    Despite all of that I still managed to lose a pound! I'm quite proud of myself for that, especially since i'm bloated right now and retaining water - thank you mother nature! sigh.

I did Bum Bum last night. I forgot how difficult that DVD is. The moves themselves really aren't that hard but it such a fast paced DVD the cardio aspect is quite difficult. All in all a good workout though, my bum bum was on fire! Tonight I have more cardio with Cardio X.

1 week down 12 to go. My short term goal is to get to 155 by Nov. 1st.

Awesome!!!
  • fitcanuck
    Options
    Well I psyched myself out last week. I only lost 0.4 lbs this week.
    Don't get me wrong, at least the scale is moving in the right direction but I was hoping to keep it at 1 lb a week minimum.

The killer for me right now is the weekends. I let myself slip, I know I've done well all week and so I stop tracking. I have the app on my phone too so there's no excuse! I'm going to have to force myself to do better this weekend.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Well I psyched myself out last week. I only lost 0.4 lbs this week.
    Don't get me wrong, at least the scale is moving in the right direction but I was hoping to keep it at 1 lb a week minimum.

The killer for me right now is the weekends. I let myself slip, I know I've done well all week and so I stop tracking. I have the app on my phone too so there's no excuse! I'm going to have to force myself to do better this weekend.

I have the exact same problem. It is so much easier to stay on track during the week then it is during the weekend. When you figure it out let me know. LOL