Holy mother....

Options
Can't move...

I started strength training 2 days ago. Machines at the gym-inner and outer thighs and free weight arm exercises, pushing it a little but not too much (so I thought). Yesterday was rest day and felt a little sore. Woke up at 3 am today and felt like i got hit by a truck! Owie! I guess whatever I did worked. I will be trying it again today. Did I over-do it or is this what happens when you start out?

Replies

• PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Thats what happens when you start. Its a lovely pain though.. heehee.. you did that all on your own through hard work. It gets better, trust me. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The day after a hard or new workout is usually rough...the day after that is when the sore muscles really kick in for me. So this is normal. It will get better as you continue.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thats a good workout! I always know I had a good workout when I'm sore.
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ahhh the day 2 blues!! :-) It will get better throughout the day! Great job on getting started!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Stretch out or do some light cadio after you lift. You should also stretch first thing in the am. That will hel reduce the soreness/stiffness. I used to love being sore after workouts though...reminded me of what an awesome job I did.