Newbie Here!

Options
My name is Dana and I heard about MFP from a friend who used the app to lose weight for her wedding. I've had a series of injuries over the past year (fractured foot, fractured radial head, slipped disk in my back, concussion...you name it, I've probably suffered it!) that left me unable to do a whole lot of physical activity. Prior to the injuries I was running one half marathon a month, doing a fitness boot camp once, sometimes twice a day and mountain biking at least twice a week. When I was told I'd need to stop all physical activity for a while, I continued to eat like I was burning 600-800+ calories a day from working out and consequently I went from 120lbs to 140lbs. I'm now back to doing all the things I love, but still needed help with my diet or I'll never shed the 20lbs I gained. So far, I've been on MFP for about a week and I'm already seeing results. I feel better and I'm motivated to work out more (mostly so I can eat more!).

So...good luck to everyone out there!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    Your your a fitness machine!!!

Welcome and Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana,

Welcome to MFP. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • leeawhite
    Options
    Hi, Welcome! I just started last week and I love my fitness pal. Great tool!
  • packerfan1
    packerfan1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! Feel free to add me as a friend.