Hi, I'm new...

Options
:wink: Hi everyone. I'm new here, just signed up... Hopefully this site will help me to be more aware of the amount of calories I'm eating, so that I will eat less! Wishing you all the best with your weight loss, as I make an attempt to lose weight also!

Replies

• melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this site has a lot of things that will help you on all that you mentioned plus the support is great... Add me as a friend if you like
  • leeawhite
    Options
    Hi, Welcome! I too am new and I love what my fitness pal has to offer in helping with weight loss. Good Luck!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This place is AWESOME!! Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • packerfan1
    packerfan1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! This is a great site!! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • csmile72
    csmile72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not been on long but I find it a good tool to help me be accountable. Good Luck!:smile:
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Howdy! All the best on your journey!
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :smile:
    Feel free to add me if u like :happy:
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a newbie also, so far I've lost 1lb since I started the site but overall, I've lost 29lbs!:bigsmile:
  • hitormiss50
    Options
    Good luck, just remember to be honest.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you can add me a friend if u like...
  • mobetta2012
    Options
    Welcome to MPF!! Good Luck on your weight loss journey!! You in the right place!!:drinker:
  • MaraBuchberger
    Options
    Hi, this is my first time on the internet site, I do all my stuff on my phone. I've lost about 20 pounds using this program. I can eat what I want in moderation, which means it doesn't even feel like a diet. I like that a lot because I hate not eating whatever I want, I can't do it, lol. I like this app for my phone, it even gives you some of the vitamins or other nutritional needs that you're meeting or not throughout the day.

The only problem I had, was at the third day of this diet, I hit the wall. My body was so starved it thought, I almost ate a whole take out pizza by myself. Obviously I wasn't starving myself at all, but my body's so used to overeating (the women in both sides of my family are overeaters) that it thought that I wasn't eating at all. After that though, it's easier to not eat so much as long as I can track it throughout the day. And when I do go off of it, it doesn't feel like I failed, I just do better the next day. That's the most important part to me atleast, I don't want anything to make me feel like a failure, especially something that is supposed to make me healthier.

Anyway, sorry to babble, I'm procrastinating at work.. Welcome to the community! I'm new here too, so hopefully everyones as great as everyone else says. :)