How should I label myself?

Options
Pangea250
Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
I took the plunge and made a profile on a dating website. I haven't dated (except once) since my divorce in 2005. I don't want to have to wait until I lose more, so I'm going to start now.

It's hard to "classify" my profile, because I'm in such flux with the weight loss. To read my profile, I'm an exercise nut. To look at me, it doesn't look like that.

I need to pick a category for my body type. I want to be honest, but I can't seem to figure out for myself which one I am. I'm 5'4" and weigh 207 lbs. right now. Which one am I? These are my choices:

Big & beautiful
Full figured
Heavyset
A few extra pounds
Stocky

Replies

• GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Do you have to choose from one of those??
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    A work in progress!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a dating site after my divorce, so I get how scary it is. Tube choices theyboffer are yucky in my opinion. Do you have to choose one?
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Can you customize it and say "A few extra pounds, but working on it??" :)

Best of luck to you! ;)
  • illy823
    illy823 Posts: 63
    Options
    OMG!!! I went thru that once... I would use "full figured"... nothing wrong with being full figured... WOw, they should have better choices...

illy
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think full figured is very sexy sounding and feminine at the same time. I like being termed "curvy" though :)
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE those stupid things...maybe try closing your eyes and decide which one feels the most positive and the most YOU right now.
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    I like work in progress but truth be told be proud of who you are no matter what your size...
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    I'd say full figured :)

Unless like a PP said you can change it, then do the few extra pounds working on it idea!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    How about Reubenesque?
  • Pangea250
    Options
    It has to be one of those choices. I wish there was a "work in progress" choice!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    They all sound kinda insulting.... :noway: BUT I guess if you have to choose I would say full figured...,

Big & beautiful - I'm giant and I dont care;
    Full figured
    Heavyset is just horrible,
    A few extra pounds - is ok
    Stocky - is horrble too...

hmm... tough choice!
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I am proud of you for taking control like that. Once you decide, you can always change it later. We can never wait until we are "perfect" to try to improve one's life. You go for it!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i would say full figured. it doesn't sound insulting at least.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    To me they are all the same, but dont pick stocky unless you are butchy. In your description add how you are active and eating healthy and looking for someone who is the the same. Perhaps a workout partner. :)
    I just wanted to add, without sounding to superficial, if you waited you will attract a whole different type of man in a few months. Not that that is a good thing but it sure would be fun to be single when that happens. When i lost 80 lbs a few years back i was coming out of a bad relationship and let me tell you the men that approached me were the sexy hot ones that wouldnt of looked at me when i was bigger. The funny thing is the guy i settled with is not one of those guys, he is one of the "nice" guys that dates all sizes. Which is good cause if i ever get up there in weight again i am sure he would stick around.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think full-figured would be good.

Big and Beautiful is going to attract men who are most likely fetishist, and will lose interest when you lose weight ^^

I think the other ones sound kinda "I have low self-esteem. Take advantage of me." ^^

Full-figured sounds great and good luck!!! =)
  • Pangea250
    Options
    Aw, you ladies are great! Want to critique my blurb about myself? This is what I wrote:

"Since my divorce in 2005, I have spent a lot of time concentrating on my kids. It's what they needed at the time. They are 9 and 16 now, and it's time for me think about myself for a bit. I recently started exercising and have found that what I used to hate...I now love! I run and/or go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. I let a few pounds on, but that's turning around with good clean eating and lots of sweat. I'll be running my first 5K in a few weeks.

I volunteer a lot of my time to a local non-profit (EMS). I put in around 16 hours a week. It's my passion, something deep in my heart. It also gives me my weekly dose of blood and guts. Some say: ew, gross. I say: which way to the MVA?

I'm looking for a man with whom I can simply share some time. I want to laugh, I want to smile, I want to listen, I want to share. Beyond that, I can't predict. We can start with just getting to know each other, maybe coffee or dinner, and let it progress from there if we like.

I am very easy-going and tolerant. I don't believe in imposing my views or beliefs on anyone. In fact, people who are not carbon copies of me are much more interesting to me. I can sit at home and talk to myself, if I want. But I don't, not any more."
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'd change "lots of sweat" to "working out".
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Full figured. Or do they have 'voluptuous'?

Good luck. It can be lots of fun, getting back out in the dating world!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Aw, you ladies are great! Want to critique my blurb about myself? This is what I wrote:

"Since my divorce in 2005, I have spent a lot of time concentrating on my kids. It's what they needed at the time. They are 9 and 16 now, and it's time for me think about myself for a bit. I recently started exercising and have found that what I used to hate...I now love! I run and/or go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. I let a few pounds on, but that's turning around with good clean eating and lots of sweat. I'll be running my first 5K in a few weeks.

I volunteer a lot of my time to a local non-profit (EMS). I put in around 16 hours a week. It's my passion, something deep in my heart. It also gives me my weekly dose of blood and guts. Some say: ew, gross. I say: which way to the MVA?

I'm looking for a man with whom I can simply share some time. I want to laugh, I want to smile, I want to listen, I want to share. Beyond that, I can't predict. We can start with just getting to know each other, maybe coffee or dinner, and let it progress from there if we like.

I am very easy-going and tolerant. I don't believe in imposing my views or beliefs on anyone. In fact, people who are not carbon copies of me are much more interesting to me. I can sit at home and talk to myself, if I want. But I don't, not any more."

Sounds great- best of luck to you!