100 pounds to lose and using PGX

Options
Good morning:

My doctor suggested bariatric surgery to me because I need to lose 100 pounds and I have tried everything. So, I got talking to a fellow "100 to lose" person who suggested that I try PGX. I have been on it for one week. I have lost 4 pounds, my blood sugar seems to be stable because I am not craving food all of the time and I am really excited. So, has anyone else out there tried PGX? Are there other people out there who have to lose 100 pounds ? I would love to hear from you.

Have a great day.

Replies

• sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    Good morning:

My doctor suggested bariatric surgery to me because I need to lose 100 pounds and I have tried everything. So, I got talking to a fellow "100 to lose" person who suggested that I try PGX. I have been on it for one week. I have lost 4 pounds, my blood sugar seems to be stable because I am not craving food all of the time and I am really excited. So, has anyone else out there tried PGX? Are there other people out there who have to lose 100 pounds ? I would love to hear from you.

Have a great day.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    could i ask what PGX is?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have 172 pounds to lose but I have already lost 31 pounds of it, so I have 141 to go. I don't go to a gym but I have a stationary exercise bike and a bunch of exercise DVD's that I do. I also, stay within my calories allotted every day and I drink nothing but water(I don't want to drink my calories by drinking soda, etc.). I don't have a wii or anything like that either. I don't take any kind of diet pills or any kind of pills at all. Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use PGX. (supplement that "helps promote healthy blood sugar levels and supports weight management" I have not noticed significant weight loss, but I do feel better when I take it.
  • LeeAnn11
    LeeAnn11 Posts: 37
    Options
    Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but Clara what are you holding?? What is PGX and where do you get it from?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I tried it but after a couple of weeks it really messed with my digestive system.I was in the bathroom all the time. My husband could not take it at all.

If it works for you, great!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think she is holding a big ol fish!
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    I don't know if this will help or not but there's a lady on here
    who lost 135 lbs. I can't remember her name. I guess what I'm saying
    is I know of sometimes the surgery even does not work in the long run.
    It's so final and all. You might want to consider the finality of it all
    before you take the plunge.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I have 167 pounds to lose and the drs want me to do the surgery also but I refuse to do the surgery... It got all this weight on by myself I can get it off with out the surgery I just needed to adjust my eating habbits and cut out my soda I drank.. I feel if you are truely determind and dedicated you can do it with out the surgery... when I started here a few weeks ago I was 317 and now I am down to 308.. at the begining of febuary I was 327.. so technically I am down 19 pounds since the begining of Febuary.. I am a bit obsesed with the gym though I go to the gym every day and I do 2 hours of cardio on Mon Wed and Friday the other days I only do an hour.. but I only eat 1800 calories a day and I don't eat my work out calories back... But everyone knows their limits and what they are willing to do...so it really is up to that person to decide what they want to give up or how they want to go about taking back their life from all the weight!!! well good luck in you weight loss journey I wish everone great success ...

Sheila
  • sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    It is so great to know that I am not alone in the fight to lose 100+ pounds. For those who asked, PGX is a fibre supplement that helps to stabilize your insulin. It supposedly works very well for glucose intolerance, which it appears that a lot of people with weight struggles have. I know that I have it. Anyway, it lowers the glycemic index of the foods that I eat. I have only been on it for 4 days so I have no idea of what it will be like in the long haul. I am definitely not hungry and I have stopped having the highs and lows of blood sugar. So, I'll keep you posted.

Take care everyone.
    One day at a tim, I guess.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but Clara what are you holding?? What is PGX and where do you get it from?
    Northern Pike - I love fishing! PGX - you can buy it at any health food store.