I used to Dance

Options
I have always been a little on the heavy side.. 150's through my teens up to 180's when I graduated high school then up to 190's five years later.. I just remembered that when I was in the 150's I was really unhappy with my weight. However, According to my height and build that's about the right weight for me.

I used to dance to all of my teeny bopper songs when I was younger with it blasting through the whole house just me and my best friend and it was a nightly thing. I maintained my weight of 150 for a few years while doing that.. then I quit dancing and started gaining...

I think I'm gonna buy a new stereo, throw in some old tunes and rock it!

Does anyone else have a story of what they used to do that was fun and also active?

Replies

• SPECHLI
    Options
    Im an older woman and since July I have been dancing and noticing the pounds coming off. I bought the just dance and zumba for the wii. and for 2 1/2 months I have been dedicated to dancing every night. It is now incorporated in my daily routine and I love it
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used to be a swimmer. I swam like a fish!
    I was even set to take my life guard course, but then social activities got the best of me and I gave up that dream...I was that creepy child that had defined abs when she was only 9 hahaha

I really miss swimming though :(
  • blarics11
    Options
    dncing was actually how Iost the weight after my first son... I would wake him up in the morning and dacne with him before work, when i got home we would dance at night to wear him out for bed.....and when i could goout with friends I would drink water (or nurse some bud light) and dance all night. I lost like 45 lbs. doing that :)
    I just made a workout playlist on youtube I think i will hook the laptop up to the t.v and jam out! Now I have four sons to dance with me and 70lbs to lose :)
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    I was 140 throughout high school. I gained a few pounds (5 to be exact) over the summer. When I went to college, I was on the dance line and stepped often with my sorority. So, I lost that 5 and then a couple more because, like you, dancing was my daily routine and stepping was a great passion as well. After leaving college and having a child, my weight spiraled out of control. I ended up being 250 lbs. People did not believe that I was that heavy. They all said, "You wear your weight well." What the hell did that mean?! Who wants to walk around "wearing weight" well? Not me!

I did everything, tried everything until a dieuretic caused me to have a grand mal seizure and put me in the hospital. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. That was in 2006. By 2007, I got so consumed by working out and not being dependent on diet pills or harsh diets that I ended up dropping a lot of weight, bottoming my weight out at 166 lbs. I worked out constantly, daily. I felt so good though. I began dancing again like there was no tomorrow. Through a few unfortunate events in my family and the doctor changing my medication, I gained 30 lbs back between 2010 and now. Yes, I had stopped dancing, stepping, and working out. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. It has been an off and on process for me because I react according to what is going on in my life. So, when things start to hit home/family, I fall off the workout wagon.

I bought an XBox 360 Kinect to get me back in the groove of dancing and have volunteered to help an undergraduate sorority choreograph a step show for a Greek event. I have also taken on the tasks of putting together the choreography for area pageants. I am going to help me help myself back into my 160's and eventually to 150. Here's to retraining!!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I still dance (when I can find time alone!) It's a fun way to whittle your waist! Gor for it!
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I think it may be my new routine since my gym membership is up on the 22nd