Has anyone done The Firm???

Options
I have these old VHS of The Firm Parts. I have done these work outs before, they are tough! I have the Sanding Legs, 5-day abs, tough tape 2, upper body, and not-so-tough aerobics. On the box it says Guaranteed visible results in 10 workouts! So I am just wondering what peoples results were with this. I know it an out dated movie just what I happen to have. :) o and yesterday I did the standing legs video, and ya, today i am SORE! Lol

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I have Standing Legs and 5 day abs also - but haven't done them in a couple of years - but I remember they were tough and made me very sore!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used to love the ones I had. I did see results fairly quickly. If it is what you have, and you like it, and feel good doing it, go for it!
  • tjs22
    tjs22 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm going to stick with it and do it everyday for 10 days. Ill post my results. Ill have to start on thurs.
  • acdcrclc
    acdcrclc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have A LOT of The Firm workouts...old ones and new ones.....probably 20 of them in all. I've been doing them for years, and I've gotten great results. In fact, I stopped going to the gym because I found I get better results at home with The Firm. It's a lot cheaper too! I can buy several DVDs a year and not spend near what a gym would cost.

Just one suggestion though...you might not want to do the workouts for 10 consecutive days. That's a lot of work for you muscles, and they need to rest. I don't ever do more than 4 per week. And honestly, depending on which videos I do, I don't always make it to four. Some of them are really tough!

Good Luck! I can't wait to see how you like them :)
  • tjs22
    Options
    I have A LOT of The Firm workouts...old ones and new ones.....probably 20 of them in all. I've been doing them for years, and I've gotten great results. In fact, I stopped going to the gym because I found I get better results at home with The Firm. It's a lot cheaper too! I can buy several DVDs a year and not spend near what a gym would cost.

Just one suggestion though...you might not want to do the workouts for 10 consecutive days. That's a lot of work for you muscles, and they need to rest. I don't ever do more than 4 per week. And honestly, depending on which videos I do, I don't always make it to four. Some of them are really tough!

Ya, you are probley right! Lol I should def give my muscles some time to heal in between workouts. I got all my vids at the thift store, they were like $4 for 5 of them, and they look brand new!! I'm gunna be the one to break em in :D
  • tjs22
    Options

Ya, you are probley right! Lol I should def give my muscles some time to heal in between workouts. I got all my vids at the thift store, they were like $4 for 5 of them, and they look brand new!! I'm gunna be the one to break em in :D
  • Courtney9433
    Courtney9433 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have these and they are TOUGH. I loved doing them and getting through them. There is no way you wouldn't see results if you did ten days. Good luck!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have 3 dvds and the firm stepper. I find the moves really hard to keep up with, I don't have the coordination for it. And I'm not patient enough to keep trying to learn the routine. If the moves were easier I'd like it.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WOOOOOOOOOO! :D

I have the basic body scuplting one... LOTS of squats! Very hardcore if you don't wimp out (not doing full squats, for the whole time, etc)

I MAY have gotten results in ten workouts...but I wasn't really paying attention. I might do it again to see what happens....but definitely a no BS video! Some parts (lunges, too little rest time, funny make-up/music, insane amount of plie (?) squats, aerobics, etc) annoyed me, but overall very tough and you don't even need that much weight, if any! :D
    I have these old VHS of The Firm Parts. I have done these work outs before, they are tough! I have the Sanding Legs, 5-day abs, tough tape 2, upper body, and not-so-tough aerobics. On the box it says Guaranteed visible results in 10 workouts! So I am just wondering what peoples results were with this. I know it an out dated movie just what I happen to have. :) o and yesterday I did the standing legs video, and ya, today i am SORE! Lol
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have tried FIRM videos...actually there's not many I have tried...and although I'm a lot uncoordinated I think you would have to be a trained dancer to follow these videos. Now I love, love, love Leslie Salsone...not sure if I got the last name right and I'm not home right now...but she does the Walk Away the Pounds Videos...LOVE THEM! I have a truck load of them and I get them for virtually nothing by buying them on Ebay or used on Amazon.com.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie too! It's not as intense but I appreciate the simplicity of her moves. Nothing worse than getting frustrated over a workout you can't do while you've made the decision to exercise.
  • tjs22
    Options
    I'm going to take it easy in the beginning, otherwise I'd be on bed rest for a week! Haha, I use 2-5 lb weights for now. And the other day when I did standing legs I had to stop the vid half way for like one min, if that, just to catch my breath. I did finish it though so I am proud :) I think this video is very much aerobic not just strength. I was sweating like something fierce, probley more than when I do when I go jogging! Great workout, I will def be doing a lot more!!
  • georgia_ann40
    georgia_ann40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thrilled to find this post today!! I just set up my "temp exercise area" downstairs for aerobics. I have The Firm Wave videos and a couple more Shedding maybe? Sorry to sore to walk downstairs and check, lol! I find them difficult but once you do them a couple of times, it "clicks". Excited to be starting them again and find that I have MISSED it! I am searching for some of the other DVD's for the Step on Ebay. In the past when I stayed consistent could definitely see a difference. So keep it up, you won't be disappointed!

Day 1 of 10 for me!